🔒 Dreamcast beta of System Shock 2 port found - UPDATE: Source files found

1 Guest is here.
6648d1d1a8a98
KolyaQuote
Meanwhile the files have been released, as currently discussed here on TTLG.
6648d1d1a8b7e
BlueQuote
Pretty cool. I used to be a huge Dreamcast fan and while the PC version is all I need this is definitely a novelty interest to me!
6648d1d1a8c5e
ScorpionQuote
This is interesting. I'm going to download this and put it on a CD, then put it in my Dreamcast and see if this works.

Edit: I see Thief 2 is in there as well. I'll try that too while I'm at it.

Yet another edit: Found out that SS2 for Dreamcast doesn't seem to have any playability at the moment. It's best to wait for a more complete version to be found, if any. As for Thief 2 I haven't the slightest clue.
6648d1d1a8dba
MasterPhWQuote
Hey there.
I registered here, because I think here are still the most dithyrambic SS2 fans out there.
Lately some dreamcast fans released a set of wince binaries and tools of two games that should be ported to Dreamcast back in the days.
The funny thing about this: one of the archives has the source of 3 games in it: System Shock 2, Thief 2 and Deep Cover (an unreleased PC game).
Don't you think, that THIS community would be able to do great stuff with it?
I can't post it here (copyright reasons, don't want to be banned after my first post), but I hope I can find here some people which are interested in looking into the source and probably bring some action into the SS2 scene.
Contact me via PN or write into this thread.
Btw: It isn't clear, whether it's the COMPLETE source, but it seems so.
6648d1d1a916c
EnchantermonQuote
There's already a topic about this here. Also, unfortunately, the files released are not source files; they're apparently the files that would have been released on the Dreamcast CD had the game gone into production. No one has since found anything truly useful from them.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact