🔒 Dreamcast beta of System Shock 2 port found - UPDATE: Source files found

1 Guest is here.
66491ebb6b3a3
MasterPhWQuote
Yesterday a new archive was released with a lot (complete?) source files of all these three games.
It's called thief_2_service_release.7z and is in the folder "rdrive\prj\thief2".
Sorry for not seeing the other thread before.
Could you merge the threads?
66491ebb6b7af
EnchantermonQuote
I see; very interesting. And you're sure that these are the files for all three, not just Thief 2 (my download hasn't finished yet)?
In any event, I'm not a coder, so I wouldn't be able to do anything with it, but perhaps there is indeed something to be done! Merging the threads now.

EDIT: Oh, and here's the link to the new archive for those who don't want to go digging through the Dreamcast forum's thread. Link
66491ebb6b8d9
MasterPhWQuote
Thanks for merging.
All three games are using the so called dark engine, an updated version of the former quake engine.
There are different main folders for game specific sources, like shock for the SS2 source, DeepPC for DeepCover and Dark (for DarkProject) for thief files.
The problem is, they aren't propertly commented, so it will be a pain in the ass to get them sorted correctly.
But it's an interesting deep view into parts of the development.
I didn't know, I was allowed to link the file. Thanks for doing so.
66491ebb6bd8b
EnchantermonQuote

Quote by MasterPhW:
There are different main folders for game specific sources, like shock for the SS2 source, DeepPC for DeepCover and Dark (for DarkProject) for thief files.
Download finished, and now I see what you're talking about.
Very, very cool! A lot of these files are nonsense to me (like I said, I'm not a programmer), but it's exciting to know that we finally have something to work with.

Quote by MasterPhW:
I didn't know, I was allowed to link the file. Thanks for doing so.
Yeah, we wouldn't have banned you for that. These are looking like files the SS2/Thief community has been needing for years.
66491ebb6be82
MasterPhWQuote
Dunno, every message board is different in offering links for probably copyright protected material.
Btw: wouldn't it be better to change the thread title to something more appropriate, like "Dreamcast Beta port and source of System Shock 2 leaked"?
Could attract more people into this thread.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact