6634cf2af22be

6634cf2af284f
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2 SCP Minimods Read 3915 times  

6634cf2af31c7ZylonBane

6634cf2af3256
Tags: °SS2 °dml °SCP minimod

System Shock 2 Community Patch (S​CP) — Minimods

Require SS2 NewDark patch v2.48 or higher and S​CP Beta 5 or higher.

S​CP has a few optional changes that can be enabled as mods. These mods are either beyond the scope of S​CP, incomplete, buggy, or cater to personal taste. These mods are only compatible with S​CP.

RealSG
The RealSG addon will make the shotgun hybrids wield an actual shotgun, making things look nicer (also display the proper model if a shotgun object mod is installed). Load with a higher priority than S​CP (also see the readme). If using Rebirth, get the Rebirth version. Also, while built primarily with S​CP in mind, it actually does work with (SS2Tool patched) vanilla game as well. RttUNN and Minstrel fan missions are supported too.

Hard Security Mode
Enhances the security system to make it more challenging. Makes the following changes:
  • When an alarm is tripped, a security computer must be hacked (at decreased difficulty) to disable the alarm.
  • Failing a hack of a security computer will trip the alarm, but not "break" the computer. As above, the computer must be hacked to disable the alarm.
  • Cameras may be hacked to permanently disable them. ICE picks work.
  • Failing a camera hack will trip the alarm.
  • Destroying a security camera, whether or not security is hacked, will trip the alarm.
  • Destroying a camera or failing a camera hack while an alarm is already in progress will reset the alarm countdown to the full countdown time.

Death Taunts
Causes an audio taunt from SHODAN, Xerxes, or the Many (as appropriate for the current plot state) to play when you die. This feature was originally planned by Irrational, but not fully implemented. All taunts were created by Irrational, but are just chopped from existing audio files, so you won't hear anything new by using this.

Intoxication Effects
Adds eye nystagmus and walking stumble when drunk. This effect was created for S​CP, but is disabled by default because it gets visually glitchy when leaning into anything solid.

Classic Final Boss
Reverts (mostly) S​CP's changes to the final boss fight. If you've played SS2 before, you know who this fight is against, and might prefer the original fight mechanics. If you haven't played SS2 before and are playing through with S​CP for your first time, you shouldn't use this yet.

Grunge Cleanup
Removes some added environmental detail from S​CP. Back when SS2 first released, its blotchy 16-bit lightmaps, dithered 16-bit rendering, low-res textures, and the low screen resolutions of the time gave the Von Braun a distinctive grungy look. But in the modern era, with SS2 having high-res, high-color, antialiased everything, that grungy look has been lost. To somewhat restore that classic look, S​CP adds grunge decals and particle fogging to the world. But for the people who prefer the modern clean look, this mod will remove those additions.

Additional Prison Event
Restores some unused content into an extra event that will happen when you enter the Ops4 prison.

Stasis Trap
Changes how the Stasis Field Generator secondary mode works - after freezing the creatures in the impact area, it will also deploy a stasis trap that will persist in the world for another 24 seconds. Any AI foolish enough to wander into it will win a free ticket to the stasis land. The player is immune, so it can be used defensively by firing the secondary mode shot right under their feet.

6634cf2af3596tiphares4

6634cf2af35f9
Hard Security Mode
Just my 2 cents/nanites: Hacking just one camera is much too costly imo - it is 10 nanites (on 'normal' difficulty - my stats are: cyber 1, hacking 3,  & even then i needed three attempts o0')   -   i've expected more around 1 nanite or so per cam; its already difficult enough i think. i don't find any dml file to edit value    :/

i think it is almost impossible to play like this - maybe only for 'pro's' or speedrunners
« Last Edit: 02. January 2024, 19:10:58 by tiphares4 »

6634cf2af3734ZylonBane

6634cf2af378d
Camera hack cost is set to the same cost as its parent security computer. You didn't seriously expect to be able to permanently disable a security camera for less cost than hacking a security computer, did you?

Kids today... sheesh.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

How can you ____ a perfect, immortal machine? (Fill in the missing word):
1 Guest is here.
In addition to stats, you can upgrade your robotic body parts, which grant bonuses to stats, protect you, help you run faster or hide better or refill energy, and so forth.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6634cf2b0031d