6649022e2ae20

6649022e2b3a5
1 Guest is here.

6649022e2bb17voodoo47

6649022e2bb79
Tags: °SS2 °request

Turnbull, an infected female character you have to fight when trying to exit hydro1, uses a standard male shotgun hybrid model. would be nice to have an actual female hybrid model available, as close as possible to the male model (joints, size, etc) but still obviously female.

not an easy task though, as one would have to not only tweak the AI mesh, but also the texture, and ideally, even the voice audio. AND also do the same thing with the Rebirth model.

attaching the fixed/weaponless AI mesh, this should be used as base.
« Last Edit: 03. August 2020, 21:20:41 by voodoo47 »

6649022e2bcebZylonBane

6649022e2bd39
How would you even mod this into the game? You can't add custom AI schemas with a DML.

6649022e2bdffvoodoo47

6649022e2be4c
the voice part isn't that important, and could be omitted if there'd be absolutely no way around.

it's not like this is going to be picked up by anyone anytime soon, so no need to think about it hard, really.
6649022e2bfb7
Dang! The voice is the only part I could have done...

Okay, I would also do texturing if someone models Turnbull. She's my favourite character in SS2. Screw Tau Ceti V!

6649022e2c04evoodoo47

6649022e2c09a
fiddling with the original hybrid voice in some audio editor would do the trick, I'd imagine.
6649022e2c1dc
Actually her log suggests her voice was changing into a male hybrid voice, or something. But it would be cool to have some female undertones or cracking in her speech.

6649022e2c298voodoo47

6649022e2c2e3
yes, that's why the edited audio is not terribly important. would be a nice touch though.

anyway, no need to concern ourselves with this until the model actually exists.

6649022e2c631RocketMan

6649022e2c68b
I could probably do the model.  The problem is finding the time.  This year has been fucked

6649022e2c72dvoodoo47

6649022e2c780
well, I ain't going nowhere anytime soon, for better or worse.

6649022e2ccbaunn_atropos

6649022e2cd0f
Ah yes. Please make this model! Have been waiting for this since 2012.
If possible it would be awesome to have a version were the spawning of female hybrids is randomised and can be encountered here and there.

Okay, I would also do texturing if someone models Turnbull. She's my favourite character in SS2. Screw Tau Ceti V!
You made a song with that quote! Can't find it right now  :paranoid:
« Last Edit: 04. August 2020, 21:56:59 by unn_atropos »

6649022e2cf66RocketMan

6649022e2cfb8
spawning of female hybrids

On second thought, maybe you wouldn't want me to be in charge of a job like that.
Acknowledged by: Kolya
6649022e2d284
Damn, cannot acknowledge more than once.

You made a song with that quote! Can't find it right now  :paranoid:
https://www.systemshock.org/index.php?topic=197.msg68188#msg68188

6649022e2d372RocketMan

6649022e2d3c3
Since Kolya was so quick to mock me I decided to do 80% of the work and then quit. 

...just for spite!  :oldman:

« Last Edit: 16. August 2020, 21:42:59 by RocketMan »
6649022e2d5cc
That's quite a lot of eyeshadow and lipgloss and goddamn so much rouge for saying "Make-up is the least of my problems."
Acknowledged by: RocketMan

6649022e2d8f8voodoo47

6649022e2d953
attaching the fixed/weaponless AI mesh, this should be used as base.
almost forgot - the reason for this is the new model is supposed to be visually on par with the vanilla models. so basically the same lowpoly model, just maybe a bit shorter, and with some work done around the waist and chest (can be quite subtle, no need for the Rebirth style booty/jugs). plus a tweaked face texture (no need to actually transplant her face from the log, lowresness and gore can take care of that), and we're done.

or, to make it short, lets change "not many people have noticed and complained about Turnbull using a male model" into "not many people have noticed and were surprised about Turnbull using an actual female model".

6649022e2da6dRocketMan

6649022e2dabd
I got it but this shit takes a while to do so like, I decided to go for the option that most people will probably prefer (the better looking option).  A vanilla turnbull isn't going to look very good or very different but will be  just as much a pain in the ass to rig.

Also, I'm no artist so unless everybody's going to be fine with heavy polygon details that are simple colors, somebody else is going to have to make textures for me to UV map onto any model, old or new.

6649022e2dd47RocketMan

6649022e2dd9e
somebody else is going to have to make textures for me to UV map onto any model, old or new.

Are there any takers?

6649022e2de72voodoo47

6649022e2dec6
considering how lowres the original textures are, I'm quite sure I would be able to do something about the face, as long as the vanilla model shape is just feminized, with the texture mapping left intact.

no chance with a new model though.

6649022e2e109RocketMan

6649022e2e166
I would also do texturing if someone models Turnbull. She's my favourite character in SS2.

Whaddya say, K ?
6649022e2e2c5
The hands and tits are pretty well done. The worm connection is okay. The rest is problems: Eyes too high, lips and nose not connected to the face. Lips too narrow. That Elvis twirl. Hair too flat and cap-like, it should extend down before the ears. Not enough jawbone. Collar too stiff and cylindrical, the cut should go down to the uniform. Not a fan of the unrealistically but gratuitously cut up uniform. She has no mons pubis, hips are too low, legs are too short and cylindrical, especially the lower legs, fat ankles, undefined shoes. The most glaring problems are body and face proportions. She's not a prepubescent boy, but a tough woman. Think of Star Trek Voyager, Janeway, Seven of Nine.

6649022e2e607RocketMan

6649022e2e65a
I mentioned it wasn't done right?  A lot of the tweaking stuff you mention can be fixed pretty easily.  I figured I would show the prototype to see if it was something you could work with and then I'd do my standard iterative approach where I fix the model up according to feedback before you would work on the texture.  Let me address your points though (not sure if that big list is part joke or not but I'll assume it's all legit):

hands - pretty much carry-over from other models I've done.  They're basic enough
breasts - She's kind of a grunt so I chose to be conservative.  I need to clean up the polygons though as it shows through the mapping.
worm - totally rushed.  It's just a tube. I can do better.
eyes - agreed.  Will try to fix
lips - I don't think I understand your feedback re: connected to face. I can widen the lips but actually I narrowed them.
nose - same
hair twirl - This was my 2 second attempt to add some distress to her because she's a hybrid now.  Her hair should be everywhere.
hair - flat and cap-like is because no texture exists yet.  I can alter the shape though to poof it out a bit more... I see that.
jawbone - agreed
collar - this was rushed.  Easily fixed.
uniform - this is a prototype appearance for her disheveled look as a hybrid.  I don't see why it shouldn't be cut up myself.  At the very least a worm has to penetrate it somewhere
mons pubis - really?  Funny thing is, it was there and I removed it precisely because I anticipated backlash for unnecessary... accuracy.
hips - you have to careful with this because it has to do with the rigging planes.  I can easily break the model by messing with proportions.
legs - I can make them less cylindrical... previous comment applies though.
ankles - I can do something with that
shoes - rushed - easily fixed
proportions - this is mostly due to experience with rigging and knowing what can happen when you try to change things.  I can try though.  Face proportions I can work on.

Bear in mind I'm an amateur modeller and my skills have limits so the screenshots you've seen from me lately are the kind of quality you can expect, if you take into consideration the little tweaks you mention can be fixed.  As long as you think the quality in general is "good enough", that's all I need to know before investing any more time in this.  Would be nice to have some unique character models though :)

6649022e2e784
The list was no joke, in fact I didn't just want to flat out say that I think it's not worth pursuing, I wanted to explain why. I also don't think it can be easily fixed, because it's missing knowledge of human anatomy and appreciation of its artistic expression.
I appreciate a lot of the work you've done in modelling weapons and rigging models. But this is not it. Sorry to waste your time.

6649022e2e8d4voodoo47

6649022e2e92a
as I've mentioned, a bit of work on the waist and chest, small touch on the face texture, and maybe shrinking the model by 5% (can be done via the creature scale prop) and we're good as far as the vanilla model is concerned.

no need to blow things out of proportion from the get go.

6649022e2ea13endwars

6649022e2ea5e
I am a bit late to say this, but brilliant work as always. (Even if it is not finished yet.) If you would send me the finished model, I could try to help out with the textures when I have the time. Adapting and mixing existing textures for this shouldn't be impossible.

Also, it is slightly weird if she is the only female hybrid in the game. Maybe we could create an alternative model with a different hair?
« Last Edit: 08. January 2021, 23:42:38 by endwars »
1 Guest is here.
I might come across very disillusioned but I do crossword searches all night.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6649022e2eb75