664914e012c23

664914e01315a
1 Guest is here.

Topic: Lonely Shock; Deck 1-3 ideas Read 729 times  

664914e013953
A while ago, ZylonBane made a thread here called "Lonely Shock" with the idea of making all CMs findable in the environment, instead of having most of them transmitted, and minimizing emails to those vital to giving quests.

I found the idea interesting and now I have written down some ideas for how it could be achieved in the MedSci, Engineering and Hydroponics decks.

Note: I'm putting cybermods in somewhat different places here because you get 10 CMs max from exploration, usually 8 on the high end, to keep it in line.

MEDSCI - EMAILS
Scrap all the messages from the whole escape sequence (Ship Damage, Sector Depressurizing, Upgrade Units)
Remove some messages that explain stuff the player should figure out (Bio-Reconstruction, Powering the Door, The Security System, Chemical Stores)
Remove (Access to Deck 1), though not sure, it's not an encouraging message, it could help with isolation and loneliness with your only friendly contact being abrasive
Edit (Fixing the Elevator) to stop after "Dr. Watts should have the code. He's probably in the Crew subsection.", leaving the player to explore Med to find the Crew keycard
Maybe not remove (Ghosts)? I don't remember it being mentioned they are "residual psychic emanations" anywhere else, this could on its give the impression they will be explained later, which does not happen. Maybe a message could be added into the log every time a ghost is encountered, something like "Residual psychic emanations detected" like is done with the SHODAN reveal?
Edit (R&D Card) to stop after the first line, making it just "Watts isn't here, so he's probably in his office in the R&D sector."
Remove (Find Dr. Watts), or perhaps edit it to be "Hurry... Dr.Watts' been badly wounded. Don't let him die before he tells you that number!" to retain the foreshadowing that something's not quite right with "Polito".

MEDSCI - CYBERMODS
Put the 4 CMs from escaping cryo recovery into that body that also has 4 already
Put the 4 CMs from stepping into where the actual medsci begins into the body that has that keycard
Put the 4 CMs from using the power cell into Med into the corpse near the recharging station that also has 2 already
Put the 5 CMs from getting the crew section/R&D keycards each somewhere near the cards themselves
Put the 4 CMs from entering R&D into Watts' body
Put the 6 CMs from opening the maintenance access shaft into engineering into the corpse near the ladder

ENGINEERING - EMAILS
Remove (Reset the Core, Purging the Tubes) for repeating information already told you. Seriously, how did I not notice until now how many emails do that
Remove (The Xenomorphs). It just says stuff the player has likely figured out by now and that is confirmed later, this will give more isolation. (Utility Storage 4) should remain to provide the code.
Remove (Fluidics Override)
Not sure if (The Engine Pods) should be removed, depends on whether the game tells you the pods have to be reset in each nacelle before the core can be online, outside of this email. If so, remove.

ENGINEERING - CYBERMODS - Total 40, distribute as 8 max between objective critical places
Put 10 CMs into command control, as 6 CMs on one corpse and 4 CMs on another
Put 8 CMs on Sanger
Put 8 CMs near the engine core control terminal
Put 3 CMs into engineering control
Put 6 CMs on a corpse near the entrance to engine core that you purge the radiation to unlock
Put 5 CMs on a corpse that has the keycard to cargo bay 2

HYDRO - EMAILS
Edit (Blocked Shaft) to stop after "...but in order to clear the shaft you're going to have to remove the biomaterial." There are logs that talk about how Toxin-A can be used to clear biomass in the lift shaft.
Remove (Researching Toxin-A, Making Progress). (Using the Vials) should remain as it's not stated there are four environmental regulators you need to put a vial in outside of here.
Unsure if (Dawdling) should remain, it's SHODAN foreshadowing but maybe it is better off removed. On its own it makes it far too obvious "Polito" is not who she claims to be.

HYDRO - CYBERMODS - Total 64
Have at least one corpse with 8 CMs near each of the environmental regulators
Put 8 CMs on each of the three corpses with keycards
Divide the 8 remaining CMs between Toxin-A vial locations.
Acknowledged by: JML

664914e013cc3sarge945

664914e013d1e
I would be interested in doing some DML to make this happen.

PM me if you're interested.

I would also be interested in removing the Many cutscene in eng2, as well as the various Many messages throughout the game. Especially the "why do you serve the machine mother" message in medsci2, since it drives me nuts with how much it spoils everything.

664914e013e19Pacmikey

« Last Edit: 20. August 2023, 01:20:12 by Pacmikey »
1 Guest is here.
It's NEW - have you got the message Chum!
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
664914e013f5a