SS2 - Trying to improve the multiplayer

1 Guest is here.
66491f5b3346a
PacmikeyQuote
66491f5b33c2d
sarge945Quote

Quote by figgis:
After screwing around more with the respawning stuff, I made a small mod that adds alternate respawn logic:
  • you can only respawn automatically if the QBRM is active on the map, while you're dead the game checks for that every second (adjustable);
  • reconstructing costs 15 nanites (adjustable): if you don't have them, you can't respawn even when it's active;
  • if another player frobs an already-activated QBRM, all dead players will respawn at it;
  • if the map has no QBRM, you respawn as normal (can be turned off).

Upon moving into a different level all dead players still respawn as normal. Not sure yet if that's possible to override via script, nor if it's really needed.
There's also not really much you can do while being dead, unsurprisingly. Makes me wonder if some sort of spectator mode would be possible to implement.
I also don't know how to properly subtract nanites from the player that frobs the QBRM to revive everyone, so for now it's free.

I threw this together with the additional net avatars .dml and the Engineering cutscene skip from SS2 Cutscene Skipper into a more general "netgame improvements" mod, ss2_netfixes. It is now attached to the original post. It should hopefully be SCP-compatible.

I only tested it with 2 players and didn't test it with any other mods, but I reckon it won't work with any that require attaching additional scripts to the player object. The way it detects that the mission lacks a QBRM is also an untested hack (you just place an object named NetNoQBRM into the mission), since I couldn't figure if it's possible to iterate over all objects of an archetype, or even just check if one exists on the map.

This sounds extremely based.

Scaling health via script is probably possible - as long as you can get the number of players via script (not sure if you can), since Enemy Health Randomiser already sets enemy health, so I know it can be done.
66491f5b34052
ZylonBaneQuote

Quote by sarge945:
This sounds extremely based.
What.
66491f5b342de
sarge945Quote

Quote by ZylonBane:
What.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=based
Acknowledged by: Chandlermaki
66491f5b3438f