SS2 Unstable Grenades mod

1 Guest is here.
Page: 1/5▶▶
6648fddb66bf5
ZylonBaneQuote
The Many's corrosive influence has spread beyond just degrading the guns. Now it's degrading the grenades as well! Grenade ammo has become dangerously unstable, and will explode if damaged or dropped too far. Use this to your advantage to set explosive traps for your enemies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAlrtwdy7_E

This is a first draft of a mod that makes all grenade ammo explode if shot, struck, or dropped further than at your feet. If you set off a stack of grenade ammo, they'll ALL explode. Seems to work okay, but I figured I'd post it here first in case anyone finds any problems or has any suggested enhancements.

The type of explosion spawned by each ammo type hasn't been hard-coded. Instead it actually follows the links back from the ammo object and grabs the corpse links from its projectile (for firing mode 1), so it should be compatible with all weapon mods, no matter how extreme.

I figure this change will give players who don't put points into Heavy Weapons something more fun to do with all that grenade ammo than recycling it. And being able to blow up grenade rounds just feels more immersive-simmy.

Also I really hope nobody's already done this.

EDIT: Thread closed. Mod released here: https://www.systemshock.org/index.php?wap2;topic=12217.0
6648fddb66ec5
sarge945Quote
You should call it "SS1 style Throwable Grenades for SS2" if you want to inflate your download count with a clickbait title.
6648fddb66fe6
voodoo47Quote
would probably change the world object from a grenade pile to a single grenade. would be less weird, I think.
6648fddb670a8
ZylonBaneQuote
AFAIK there are no models of single grenades for each grenade type. The game displaying a pile of three even when there's actually more or less than three in the stack is an issue that's always existed.
6648fddb6713d
voodoo47Quote
very sure Olfred could carve one out.
Page: 1/5▶▶

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact