Regarding the Psi Amp hotkeys

1 Guest is here.
Page: 1/3▶▶
6648d1af4eced
ZylonBaneQuote
When the Psi Amp is equipped, by default the F1 - F5 keys cycle through all the owned psi powers in the corresponding tiers, and F6 - F12 can be assigned as hotkeys for specific psi powers by pressing Shift + function key.

But you're actually allowed to set F1 - F5 as hotkeys as well, and if you do this, you permanently lose the ability to use that key to cycle tier powers. I'm wondering if maybe it would be a good idea to remove the binds that allow this in the GOG/Steam/SS2Tool builds.

Surprisingly, the use of the function keys to select psi powers isn't mentioned anywhere in the manual.
6648d1af4f062
RoSoDudeQuote
Huh? You can easily reset any of the F1-12 keys. You just press Shift+F[N] while hovering your mouse cursor over the icon of the power you want to hotkey in the MFD window. If you hover over the icons for Tiers 1-5, you can reset the F1-F5 hotkeys to cycle through those tiers.

You must be confused by the fact that you can also set the hotkeys by pressing Shift+F[N] outside the MFD window to set the hotkey to the currently equipped psi power.

Don't remove anything, please.
6648d1af4f34d
sarge945Quote
Are you meaning removing the 1-5 settable keys for individual powers, or removing the 1-5 tier select on the F1-F5 keys by default?

I actually really like these keys (and a lot of others probably do too), and I consider them useful enough (since there are WAY more than enough useful psi skills to use all the buttons) that it's better to explain them to new players than it is to get rid of anything
6648d1af4f704
ATQuote
RoSoDude
Never knew that and being left handed I always found it near-insulting how almost every single game out there compromised my ability to fully mirror the binds to the other side of the keyboard.

Logitech's G13 gameboard was a game-changer in that regard – overriding hardcoded limitations for pretty much any game.

Hardcoded F-key PSI aside also, LGS were pretty much the only studio whose games never had any issues recognising obscure keys on that OTHER side of the keyboard.
6648d1af4f864
Nameless VoiceQuote
On my insane pacifist run, I wasn't using any powers from Tier 4, so I bound F4 to a specific power instead.  I wouldn't want to remove the ability to do things like this.

Like RosoDude said, you can always re-bind the cycle-powers-in-tier functionality by binding a hotkey to the psi tier itself, even though that's not really explained anywhere.
Page: 1/3▶▶

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact