Nearest Neighbor Optimization Overhaul (2N2O) Beta

1 Guest is here.
Page: 1/5▶▶
664913f280f02
bombumQuote
2N2O is a vanilla-esque texture pack specifically optimized for unfiltered textures.

Unfiltered textures are not smoothed, and have visible pixels. They can be activated in SS2 through configuration file editing. This step is mandatory to get the graphics to look like in the demonstration screenshots. Learn more here (scroll down to Optimal Unfiltered Vanilla Graphics Guide).

Disclaimer:
Not all textures I want to edit have been done, but the most egregious ones have been finished, and so I felt I should release my work under a "beta" label. Please report any texture this mod changes that looks weird.

Origin/Design Philosophy
Prior to starting work on 2N2O, I started playing SS2 without any graphics mods, with unfiltered texture. I felt it was beautiful and had a more consistent aesthetic (despite the high quality of the other, hi-res graphics mods available, they are not all-encompassing and I feel unfortunately clash with each other). However, many textures looked too compressed to me, too unsmooth, with artifacts and barely legible text.

It was then that I decided to begin work on this project. Not being able to change resolutions everywhere, I at times had to slightly re-envision textures (the keyboards, for instance, now have symbols inspired by Alien's Semiotic Standard). I avoided adding legible small print text like SHTUP and 400 do, to maintain the vanilla's illegible scribbles' sense of abstraction that lets you fill in the blanks with your imagination, rather than noticing how many textures are repeated across the game.

Demonstration Screenshots
Green inventory, English subtitles, and Minimal HUD are not included in this mod. They are merely what I use

The pixel font most widely used in the textures is 7 Pixels of Perfect, though I had to imitate it drawing the letters myself a lot to fit the small resolutions.

Because of the very straightforward nature of the mod, all included textures are PNGs that require no special software to view. Feel free to edit or delete any textures that don't look good to you, the process should be very easy.
664913f28109f
ZylonBaneQuote
I am entirely confused about what this mod is trying to do.
664913f281216
DanQuote
Very cool! I like the aesthetics.
Thank you for sharing this :-)
Acknowledged by: bombum
664913f2813b3
PacmikeyQuote
664913f2814d2
JDoranQuote
Can someone post up some comparison screenshots, please?
Page: 1/5▶▶

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact