6649246f1eb85

6649246f1ef82
1 Guest is here.

6649246f1f311Shinobi

6649246f1f380
Hi.

I'm using FMSelect with GOG SS2 to run Christine's magnificent Ponterbee station. Now I have SHTUP/SHEMP/a ton of Vurt's mods in my DataPermMods folder. It appears to use SOME of them. But not all. Any ideas?

I thought I'd be bold and try copying my fam, obj etc folders out of DataPermMods and into my FMs/Ponterbee/ folder. So far it appears to have replaced more textures and objects (I now have Vurt's awesome foliage in Christine's earth city!). Is there a beter way to do this? Should I do this or can it break things? I just hate playing vanilla SS2 in wonderful crispness then trying out a FM and having to put up with blurriness.

Pros n cons please.
6649246f1f5b9
FM resources will override any mods, which is actually useful. But if you want to mod a FM, then placing the mods in the FM is also the simplest way I can think of right now. There's certainly a way to override the FM data but I'd have to try that.
Generally FM resources should be considered to be there for a reason. Otherwise the FM author could have simply fallen back on the original resources (which would make mods load in their place). So overriding FM resources should be done with caution.
1 Guest is here.
I might come across very disillusioned but I do crossword searches all night.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6649246f1f6b4