6648f9b0a12e8

6648f9b0a18a3
1 Guest is here.

6648f9b0a1cdd
As you probably know, the voiced SVGA intro of SS1 doesn't show subtitles, but it has subs and you could even edit them with a hex editor. Death and ending movies, which don't have voice, show subtitles so i'm wondering if there is some way to modify the svgaintr.res file to force it to show subs.  :P

Anyone know about this? Thanks in advance.
6648f9b0a1f09
Sorry I can't help, but I have to say that this is a good idea. I'm not deaf myself, but I do think that every game should have subtitles for the hard of hearing, and where applicable other visual cues should be given to tell deaf people what sounds are being played, and where (if applicable) the sounds are coming from, such as (for example) an icon of a pair of feet could appear in the top left of the screen, to indicate the sounds of footsteps, with an arrow pointing in the rough direction of where the sounds are coming from.

Granted this sort of thing wouldn't be trivial for games makers to add, but it would't be too difficult either, and would be appreciated by the deaf gamers (of whom there are quite a few).
6648f9b0a2034
I wasn't thinking of hearing impaired people, but english impaired (i.e. non-english speakers). But it's a good idea.

Alas, it's the way Looking Glass Studios had to do its games. Games as Terra Nova, Thief, System Shock 2, neither have subs nor were translated in my country...  :rolleyes: But i really don't understand why they had to disable the subs on this intro... they just didn't care about the rest of the world...
6648f9b0a2173
Not sure if this will help, but subtitles can be enabled by disabling sound card in original "INSTALL.EXE" file. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to keep both sound and subs.

You can see, that this works HERE and HERE.
6648f9b0a22b5
Might be worthwhile to check what is being written to cyb.cfg in this case.
1 Guest is here.
Actually I was logged out! Why was I logged out? I have done nothing! What had this hacker done to my account???
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6648f9b0a239e