6648fde9ddd53

6648fde9de2bb
1 Guest is here.

Topic: HUD/Overlay Mod for triplewide players Read 1314 times  

6648fde9de6a2NoxDeleo

6648fde9de706
Hi all,

I've been a long time Thief fan/player, but I never actually played the System Shock games before (shame on me). Anyway, SS2 just arrived on Steam, so I snatched that up right away (and felt right at home from minute one :)). I'm trying to play it in an Eyefinity/triplewide resolution. It all works great natively (I'm assuming due to the work of various people here) apart from the HUD. Ideally I'd like to confine it to the center screen, and make sure it's scaled properly without any stretching. I've been looking through the system files, and came across a load of stuff about overlay scripting. It looks like this would give me the tools to be able to do all this, but I might need a little help getting started.

Is there a way I can intercept the positioning/scaling events (sorry if this is bad terminology) of the current HUD to just redo the layout/scaling, or am I going to have to write a custom HUD (implementing the whole overlay handler interface) using original bitmaps for all the (50?) HUD elements defined in the ShockOverlay reference? Maybe there's a better way?

Thanks.

6648fde9de8b2voodoo47

6648fde9de909
not aware of any easy way of doing this. and not even of a difficult one, for that matter.

6648fde9de9cbbluemess

6648fde9dea2b
IFAIK the only way NewDark supports Eyefinity/multiple screens is by not limiting horizontal fov (by default vertical fov is locked at 74 deg with hor+ adjustment). Moving UI to only center screen (or anywhere else) is not possible.
6648fde9deb16
The best you can do is make it larger with NewDark, I don't know about confining it to center.

6648fde9debc6NoxDeleo

6648fde9dec1a
Thanks all for the clarification. I'm managing ok with it as is, and if it gets too annoying I'll just go back to single screen.

6648fde9decc4voodoo47

6648fde9ded11
running in the portrait mode helps.
1 Guest is here.
Excuses, excuses, excuses. What a week. Hard times are back.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6648fde9dedf2