6649063d11a69

Page: [1] 2 »
6649063d120df
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2: Ghosts of Citadel Read 5969 times  

6649063d1277d
Did some quick looking, did not see an FM named this....sooo here we go.

System Shock 2: Ghosts of Citadel will be a full FM with plot, logs, etc.

It will be a mini sequel to the end of the game, but you will not be goggles.

Takes place on an abandon TriOp lunar lab, hastily put together after the Citadel incident. Artifacts retrieved from the Citadel incident were recovered and stored there. The lunar lab only operated for 8 years before being abruptly shut down after discovery of a chip containing a viable and working copy of a SHODAN processing unit. The chip was sealed away in the labs underground cargo storage and the lab was immediately shut down.

Years after all this, the tragedy on the UNN Von Braun, TriOps nightmares come true. Three scientists and four soldiers are sent to retrieve a special anti-toxin developed to immediately destroy SHODAN's creations, but never put into full scale production.

You can play the role of either a Scientist or a Soldier (This will determine what skills you arrive at the lunar lab with, either Science skills or Weapons skills).

Cyber Modules and upgrade units will be available throughout the lab, however most of them are geared towards scientists and not soldiers. Also, the Cyber Modules will be rare and hard to find.

Demoish
I'll be pumping out a quick demo to introduce the FM and to be a "teaser" trailer type thing. Eh, two weeks eta?

I'm looking for a number of things, I'll just make a list as needed...

#1) Resources from Citadel Conversion Project. Mainly from the Medical level (The doors, etc) to partially use in an FM. (Full credits will be given of course to all involved)

6649063d129bb
Sounds potentially fun. I"m just hoping it doesn't end up as abandonware since like a lot of things on the internet the best way to ensure a project does not get finished is to announce it  beforehand.

6649063d12c3cunn_atropos

6649063d12c92
Looking forward for this. :)
New System Shock 2 FMs are badly needed.
6649063d12d9c
Indeed. If you can manage it this will be the first post-newdark ground up fan mission.

Best of luck to you. Though I am somewhat jaded I remain hopeful.
6649063d13446
Sounds potentially fun. I"m just hoping it doesn't end up as abandonware since like a lot of things on the internet the best way to ensure a project does not get finished is to announce it  beforehand.

It won't end up abandonware. I owe it to the Shock community to release a full FM. I have been around for a long time and involved with a lot of projects but nothing was finished mostly because of engine limitations. Now that some of those have been lifted I can finally finish one.

Indeed. If you can manage it this will be the first post-newdark ground up fan mission.

Best of luck to you. Though I am somewhat jaded I remain hopeful.

That would be a great thing! I figure with the renewed interest in SS2 that this would be a great time to release an FM.

Looking forward for this. :)
New System Shock 2 FMs are badly needed.

I don't plan to rush this, but I plan on getting it out as soon as I can. I'm still refreshing my skills with the editor and learning new tricks as I go. I'm documenting everything I learn so that other people can pick up on creating FMs easily.

The resources I create for this FM will be available as multibrushes and in tutorials if anybody else wishes to use anything I create custom for it (cycling bulkhead etc)

Edit-

Just thought I'd share something...

When I started-
Image: http://i.imgur.com/FdO6Qd8.png

Now-
Image: http://i.imgur.com/A2TyMpr.jpg

I'm getting the hang of things again with one room, then once I'm comfortable I'll lay out the floor then detail each area.
« Last Edit: 28. May 2013, 06:47:00 by MrTrip »

6649063d135b8icemann

6649063d13609
Looks very nice. Just needs some dead bodies being SS2  :sly:.

Considering the fact that nearly everyone other than me practically in the Shock scene managed to get their voices into Christine's FM's (quite noticeable when you play the series), if you need a voice actor I'll be happy to lend a voice to some lines, if and when it's needed.
« Last Edit: 29. May 2013, 07:09:29 by icemann »

6649063d136c4Joshsmog

6649063d1370f
I'll do some voice lines too if you need, I just bought 2 matched studio condenser mics a couple weeks ago and I have a vocoder voice box thing to make robot voices and stuff if you need any of that too.
6649063d13ba8
Looks very nice. Just needs some dead bodies being SS2  :sly:.

Considering the fact that nearly everyone other than me practically in the Shock scene managed to get their voices into Christine's FM's (quite noticeable when you play the series), if you need a voice actor I'll be happy to lend a voice to some lines, if and when it's needed.

Sounds great! :D

I'll do some voice lines too if you need, I just bought 2 matched studio condenser mics a couple weeks ago and I have a vocoder voice box thing to make robot voices and stuff if you need any of that too.

That is excellent! I will keep you both in mind for sure.
6649063d13cd6
Ahhhhaha.... seems like ShockEd is mad at me. I've been cheating on it with WorldEdit. All of a sudden without any further edits I get this "SplitPortalPolyhedronByPlane"

Snapping to grid made it look awful. Been trying to fix it, have area brushed and portalized a lot of things, still broken. -_- DacrapShockEd?
6649063d13e3a
Just a little OT, I was working on a medsci1 remake in the Jupiter EX engine, found it again.

http://i.imgur.com/xPu13PN.png

I was very inexperienced when I started on it, but I'm playing with it here and there when ShockEd pisses me off.  :P

6649063d13f38Nameless Voice

6649063d13f8f
Try snapping to a lower grid size?
6649063d141f7
Try snapping to a lower grid size?

Snapping to grid never makes sense to me, and it ALWAYS breaks any designs I have. I deleted the replicator I had inserted just in case that was it also. I ended up trashing a good portion I had worked on to get the message to go away.

I wish it would just auto snap to grid as I work....

6649063d144a7icemann

6649063d144fc
Just a little OT, I was working on a medsci1 remake in the Jupiter EX engine, found it again.

http://i.imgur.com/xPu13PN.png

I was very inexperienced when I started on it, but I'm playing with it here and there when ShockEd pisses me off.  :P

The amount of Medsci 1 remakes in other game engines I swear. Grr. If only someone would do a different damn level for a change.

Love to see a Body of the many remake for example. Though more in a re-imagining type one.
6649063d14801
The amount of Medsci 1 remakes in other game engines I swear. Grr. If only someone would do a different damn level for a change.

Love to see a Body of the many remake for example. Though more in a re-imagining type one.

Hmmm Body of the many ew. That would be a disaster to remake or re-imagine.

I agree medsci is remade a lot, but we all spent the most time in medsci. I too was thinking of poking around at another level but haven't even touched it since I posted the screenshot.
6649063d14953
One month later update! I'm still working on this, field work has taken priority though, but I'm still working away at this.

I'll probably setup a mini site to give a status update on everything, no promised release, but I'll let people know when certain parts are done and what % of completion its all at. You can figure out a release date from there haha

I know this is an odd place to post this, but its kind of my general thread, and mostly editor questions here, apologies for posting here.

6649063d14bf8Nameless Voice

6649063d14c49
I wish it would just auto snap to grid as I work....

If you are moving things with the mouse, it should auto-snap to grid (unless you turned that off, which is a Bad Thing (tm).)

If you're moving things via keyboard input, just remember to always place then at 0.25 increments at least, but favour 0.50 or 1.0 increments when you can.

Objects don't need to be snapped to grid (though doors should be very precisely aligned.)

Also remember that you can adjust the grid size.

6649063d14d67icemann

6649063d14db3
MrTrip: You may be interested in this, seeing as you've been using shockEd lately.

https://www.systemshock.org/index.php?topic=5576.0

If that isn't a good motivator I don't know what is.

Oh also and did you see my post over on ttlg.com regarding that level of yours from years back?
6649063d14ed4
Yes! I'm still alive. Been ill lately so I have been off work and at home.

I'm picking this back up as soon as I get things here at work organized again.

Icemann: I did not see that, link? Also, I'd be interested but this late in the game I don't know what I could contribute lol
6649063d15433
It's in the thread you started over at ttlg:
http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141562

Haay :D Its my lab level!.......I did some neat design changes o_O....I must poke at this again someday.

6649063d15638StaticZ

6649063d15699
Looks nice, thow it fills that some places need decor and little geometry improvments, especialy I don't like low ceilings in some places and walls textures in most rooms. And ofcourse use more more lights! =) But anyway - it's good work and nice level design.

Also it seems little texture bug:
Image: http://www.kachalka.com/images/k5t9ucu41w9wgka6id4.png

6649063d15a1c
Looks nice, thow it fills that some places need decor and little geometry improvments, especialy I don't like low ceilings in some places and walls textures in most rooms. And ofcourse use more more lights! =) But anyway - it's good work and nice level design.

Also it seems little texture bug:
Image: http://www.kachalka.com/images/k5t9ucu41w9wgka6id4.png

Yeah I started with a level, then redesigned one part at a time, then redesigned again, and again, and again. That texture bug I think I meant to do, with some kind of lights there, though now with newdark the lighting seems to have changed a lot...

I might just have to include this lab level somehow into my FM.

6649063d15d09icemann

6649063d15d5d
Yes! I'm still alive. Been ill lately so I have been off work and at home.

I'm picking this back up as soon as I get things here at work organized again.

Icemann: I did not see that, link? Also, I'd be interested but this late in the game I don't know what I could contribute lol

Well you were asking around at TTLG a while back and I used to horde all the SS2 content that people would put up for download at various points in time. You asking gave me the excuse to go and put all the files together in a singular zip.

On the contest, even something like a test tube sequence (eg the majority of the early OSA training missions entail that) would be welcome. Some of the later missions would be FAR more of a time commitment as they'd be better off as full blown FMs.

6649063d160d6ZylonBane

6649063d1612c
Well you were asking around at TTLG a while back and I used to horde all the SS2 content that people would put up for download at various points in time.
"hoard".
1 Guest is here.
Remember that the player's body is spherical (as far as the game knows)
Page: [1] 2 »
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6649063d162cf