664905e0b5973

664905e0b5ed7
1 Guest is here.

Topic: Editing Wiki? Read 856 times  

664905e0b634f
I think this could be of great use. A wiki to describe everything System Shock, and also include editing references etc.

Unless there is already a wiki, and I'm just blind o_O

664905e0b658cvoodoo47

664905e0b65e1
http://shodan.wikia.com/wiki/SHODAN

messy, but a lot of stuff is already there. I think there was another one as well, with much less stuff, but it seems like it's gone now.
664905e0b6a97
http://shodan.wikia.com/wiki/SHODAN

messy, but a lot of stuff is already there. I think there was another one as well, with much less stuff, but it seems like it's gone now.

I have found this also, but it is quite messy I agree...

Kolya, what about creating one here? I'd help fill it with content from MOTHER and Shodanpedia and clean it up.
664905e0b6c37
I've also thought about this. In my opinion it would be best to keep it within the forum structure then. Same logins, same style, familiar way of editing, permissions and moderators all set up, low maintenance. The forum does already save old versions of posts, so mainly we need a space (a subforum) where everyone can edit other people's posts. This is rather simple to set up.
The first post would be the article that could be discussed in the thread below. Still this would be a forum and recognisably so. It would lack some of the bells and whistles that dedicated forum software comes with, like linking to not yet existing articles (red links). Maybe I could alleviate some of that with mods or hacks.
The question is if there's enough interest and if we can communicate how it works. Might be worth a try.
664905e0b6fee
I've also thought about this. In my opinion it would be best to keep it within the forum structure then. Same logins, same style, familiar way of editing, permissions and moderators all set up, low maintenance. The forum does already save old versions of posts, so mainly we need a space (a subforum) where everyone can edit other people's posts. This is rather simple to set up.
The first post would be the article that could be discussed in the thread below. Still this would be a forum and recognisably so. It would lack some of the bells and whistles that dedicated forum software comes with, like linking to not yet existing articles (red links). Maybe I could alleviate some of that with mods or hacks.
The question is if there's enough interest and if we can communicate how it works. Might be worth a try.

That would be great, I'd love to help out with this where possible such as helping to gather content there.

I found this.. http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=272676.0

But it has not been maintained. I guess there is an integration for MediaWiki too though. Just a thought?
664905e0b713b
Yeah, I'd been following the SMFwiki project with much interest but unfortunately it died. The integration with mediawiki is likely a bridge that allows to keep the same logins, but still means a lot of setup and maintenance work to keep the mediawiki instance running, updated, clean and nice.
So I'd like to keep it in the forum. And if it takes off I'll look into forum code changes to make things more wiki-like.
664905e0b7277
I fear this may be off topic for Engineering now?

Anyway, can you add bbcode with permissions? Such as controls to make a post look more...wiki friendly? But only for verified editors etc? Just more ideas throwing out there.

Shame that project fell on its face though. I see a linux mint users forum is using it but they are all saying it has lots of bugs.
664905e0b739a
I've added a subforum where any registered member can edit and revert anyone's posts and made you a local moderator there which includes some more permissions (see inside posts and the bottom right of threads for controls).

What would wiki-friendly entail? I suppose an in-article table of contents. What else?
« Last Edit: 03. June 2013, 23:25:30 by Kolya »
664905e0b7699
I've added a subforum where any registered member can edit and revert anyone's posts and made you a local moderator there which includes some more permissions (see inside posts and the bottom right of threads for controls).

What would wiki-friendly entail? I suppose an in-article table of contents. What else?

Options for a large heading, and medium heading text. Unlimited images in a post also for small icons etc. I suppose for bandwidth sake hosted on imgur or elsewhere. If I think of more I'll let you know. I'll start on sections tomorrow. Out of office already.
1 Guest is here.
Remember that the player's body is spherical (as far as the game knows)
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
664905e0b7796