66490ad00ecb5

66490ad00f281
1 Guest is here.

66490ad00f75fLazarus

66490ad00f7ce
Just updated ShockEd to v2.42.  It loads and edits the Shock2.Gam file without incident, but when I load a saved game ( or start a new one ), most of the sounds ( e.g. weapon equip/reload, weapons fire, explosions, footsteps, etc. ) are missing. The only sounds that remain intact are background music and some environmental effects.

I'm fairly convinced that this is due to some sort of corruption of the Shock2.Gam file, because when I replace it with a .Gam file that I modified with an older version of ShockEd, the sound issues are resolved.  I'm including a link to the .Gam file in question, in case anyone is willing to test it to see if they can reproduce the issue.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1mn3aab7u5atemo/SHOCK2.GAM

UPDATE:  Just finished constructing a "new" modded Shock2.Gam file from scratch using ShockEd v2.42.  I'm experiencing exactly the same sound-related issues with this new .Gam file as I was before.  It appears that there may be some type of bug with ShockEd v2.42.  Has anyone else experienced this problem?
« Last Edit: 13. June 2013, 05:34:17 by Lazarus »

66490ad00f95evoodoo47

66490ad00f9ab
yes. try portalizing/optimizing.
66490ad00faaa
That is not a new dark specific issue, and could happen with old dark as well. Solution was not to directly load a gamesys file, but to load it indirectly, ie by loading a mission file first.

66490ad00fc13Lazarus

66490ad00fc5d
Alright, finally found a viable workaround.  It appears that manually directing ShockEd to load a gamesys file ( i.e. File > Open > Filename ) results in some sort of .gam file corruption, which in my case manifested as missing player sounds ( gunfire, weapon reload, footsteps, etc. ) during gameplay.  As of v2.42, ShockEd automatically loads whatever Shock2.gam file ( modded or otherwise ) is located in the Data folder.  So I tried the following:

1:  Temporarily removed the original shock2.gam file installed in the Data folder.

2:  Replaced the aforementioned gamesys with the Shock2.gam file I edited 18 months ago.

3:  Launched ShockEd v2.42, but didn't manually direct it to load the Shock2.gam file in the Data folder.

4:  Made changes, then saved the edited Shock2.gam file to the DataPermMods folder.

5:  Restored the original shock2.gam file to the Data folder.

So far everything appears to functioning properly.  I'd like to thank the following people for their responses and advice: :thumb:

lostone1993
Mr. Trip
Voodoo47
Zygo
66490ad00fd4f
who knew modding shock could be such a pain in the ass? and objtree program makes my maintenance bots parts fall down instead of fly outwards when it dies. objtree messes up the file too.
1 Guest is here.
I might come across very disillusioned but I do crossword searches all night.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
66490ad00fe32