664927b7c9179

664927b7c960a
1 Guest is here.

Topic: giving the assassin a laser rapier Read 1323 times  

664927b7c9df3
id like to give the assassin a laser rapier for melee combat like in secmod. i copied all the data pertaining to the assassin from the secmod gamesys and the assassins can attack now but there is no laser rapier weapon model visible on the assassin. i noticed that it says ModelName = assassin2 in the secmod gamesys... is there a custom model in the secmod that has the rapier on it? because i thought you could implement AIs holding weapons through code? i tried changing the link under assassin>links>weapon Rapier to Electro Shock instead and it made the electric sound effects and blue glow associated with the laser rapiers... but still no rapier model :( i find any way to associate the new "Rapier" under monster melee weapons with a rapier model. what do i do? ill upload whatever necessary information like my current gamesys if needed.

in case it helps.. here is my change log for the assassin

assassin

ai ranged to rangedmelee

[ADD:property] aiHearing
aiHearing well above average

[ADD:property] aiVisionDescription
aiVisionDescription>
z-offset 3
vision cone>
0>
flags Active,No Alert 0,No Alert 1,Night Vision
angle 170
z-angle 170
range 5
acuity 1500

1>
flags Active,No Alert 2,No Alert 3,Night Vision
angle 50
z-angle 100
range 5
acuity 1500

2>
flags Active,No Alert 2,No Alert 3,Night Vision
angle 170
z-angle 170
range 5
acuity 1500

3>
flags Active
angle 60
z-angle 90
range 10
acuity 200

4>
flags Active,No Alert 0,No Alert 1,Omni,Night Vision
angle 320
z-angle 90
range 6
acuity 70

5>
flags Active,Night Vision
angle 100
z-angle 90
range 30
acuity 200

6>
flags Active
angle 120
z-angle 70
range 100
acuity 100

7>
flags Active,Peripheral,Night Vision
angle 230
z-angle 70
range 10
acuity 60

8>
flags Active,Peripheral,Night Vision
angle 230
z-angle 110
range 80
acuity 40

9>
flags Night Vision
angle 0
z-angle 0
range 0
acuity 0

======================

class tags>
handle 25134856 to 25386088

======================

[ADD:property] aiVision
aiVision well above average

[ADD:property] hthCombatDistances
hthCombatDistances>
low 2
medium 4
high 6

[ADD:property] hthMotionResponse
hthMotionResponse>
low 2
high 4
speed 6

[ADD:property] ObjArgList
ObjArgList NVCreateAndLink3On="Slain"; NVCreateAndLink3LinkType="~ParticleAttachement"; NVCreateAndLink3Create="AssassinSparks"; NVCreateAndLink3Off="Null"; NVCreateAndLink4On="StartAttackMelee"; NVCreateAndLink4LinkType="CreatureAttachment"; NVCreateAndLink4Create="arapier"; NVCreateAndLink4Off="StartAttackRanged"; NVCreateAndLink4LinkData1Field="Joint"; NVCreateAndLink4LinkData1Value=10;

[ADD:property] physicsModelDimensions
physicsModelDimensions>
sphere radius>
0 1
1 1.2

[ADD:property] physicsModelType
physicsModelType>
type sphere
submodels 2
special true

[ADD:property] position
position>
cell -1
unused -1

[ADD:property] renderAlpha
renderAlpha 1

scripts>scripts
0 transient corpse to NVCreateAndLink3
1 NVIncapacitatedMessages
2 NVAttackMessages
3 NVCreateAndLink4

motionActorTags ninja to ninja, pipe

=======================

ninja shot

stim sources>
intensity 10 to 15

links>

=======================

red assassin

[ADD:property] AI, aiHearing
ai ranged
aiHearing null

=======================

[ADD:object] object>physical>weapon>monster melee weapons>NEW Rapier
[ADD:stim source] object>physical>weapon>monster melee weapons>NEW Rapier>stim sources>energy stim, weaponStim

NEW Rapier>stim sources>energy stim>
source type contact
intensity 9
shape> (contact)
type ToolFrob World/Inv,Weapon Med,Weapon High

NEW Rapier>stim sources>weaponStim>
source type contact
intensity 1
shape> (contact)
type ToolFrob World/Inv,Weapon Med,Weapon High

=======================

assassin>links

[ADD:link] Weapon, new rapier
added class tags from electro shock to new rapier

664927b7c9f73
You can theoretically use Renderer-> Mesh Attach to attach weapons to AI instead of making a new model if you wish. I'm not sure I've ever used it for that purpose though, so there may be unknown issues.
664927b7ca141
is renderer a program in the toolkit? i dont want to permently attach the model of the rapier to the assassin model. i just want it in his hand when he pulls it out when youre at close range. am i going about opening/saving the gamesys properly? i use objecy hierarchy program in the shocked toolkit and i open shock2-structs.xml that came with the program. and then when im done i simply save a new gamesys... but the program keeps making my droid's parts fall down when he dies, instead of fly outwards. also im not sure why this community is apprently rejecting and disregarding me but its pissing me off. you would think a small apparently tight knit "cult" game modding community would be greatful for every additional modder coming to the scene to release new content and ideas, and you would think they would be very helpful in getting that person to understand what hes doing, so that he doesnt have to steal other people's code for his own mod, but instead code his own mod himself. ive seen some of the experienced modders friendly and willing to help other modders with their mods and coding, and yet i am ignored. maybe im not "popular" enough. pff
« Last Edit: 04. September 2013, 01:05:32 by duyec »
664927b7ca2fc
Renderer-> Mesh Attach is a property, you add it to the mesh/ AI object in the editor. Which now that I think about it may be problematic with a gamesys mod, since it needs a concrete object id... That means you probably do have to add it as part of a new mesh.

I've never used the external gamesys editor, so I don't know how it's used. I've always edited it via ShockEd itself. Droid parts falling down is a fairly minor issue, if that is the only problem you have then I wouldn't worry about it

Don't worry about 'stealing' code, everybody does it off the original missions anyway. Just acknowledge where/ who you got stuff from since it's polite to, and ask if you want to use custom resources for the same reason. You simply won't get a huge response either, there aren't many active modders and it's a pretty niche game which is 14 years old. I don't mind answering stuff that I can answer as it comes up, but something like the big list of stuff you had in the other thread would take literally hours and hours of writing to explain how to do.
664927b7ca557
yea i figured you were talking about a property but i didnt see it in the list... but im gonna let this one go for now. im trying to concentrate on the core gameplay areas of the mod before i worry about cosmetic and novelty additions.  see this tidbit is very helpful to me... "I've never used the external gamesys editor, so I don't know how it's used. I've always edited it via ShockEd itself" because i didnt know shocked even had a gamesys editor, and i bet this is why my ****ing maintenance bot keeps getting bugged... its driving me crazy. im gonna try the shockED one now... the other thing that ive been stuck on all day is my maintenance bot loot table... the bot always drops rad hypo, maintenance tools and nanites. but these items arent even in the maintenance loot table. the loot table consists of rad and tox hypo, and small standard clip. the bullets and the tox hypo NEVER drop... i added script>scripts NVGuaranteedLoot and ObjArgList NVGuaranteedLoot0="Recycler" and i deleted the loot table and all the rarity numbers to 0... and it still drops maintenance tools and rad hypos and nanites!!!! so i figured maybe its using the parent tree... but there are no loot tables in the parent trees of big droids and robots. i went into maintenance>scripts and said dont inherit true. still the same. so i figured the game is actually using another object that isnt maintenance so i added creaturetimewarp to maintenance and the maintenance bot was fast as hell but still dropped the loot table that doesnt exist... i am totally confused and annoyed with this bug... any tips?. thanks for trying to help by the way... the good news is that im learning alot and i am successfuly implementing alot of my intended gameplay changes. so im definately gonna have something to release at some point, though im not sure how much ppl will like it.
« Last Edit: 05. September 2013, 05:00:28 by duyec »
664927b7ca692
bad news, i opened shockED and opened the original gamesys and saved it and it was bigger by like 10kb and only about half of the sounds are working in game. so it corrupted my gamesys too. im not running any anti virus or anything either. im at a complete loss now. why doesnt this happen to anyone else? what programs do you guys use? i cant make my mod if i cant succesfully edit the gamesys.
664927b7cac98
so i figured the game is actually using another object that isnt maintenance
It's misleading since the Ai has a loot table, but the loot table for a maintbot is actually generated on a separate object since the original AI object is destroyed on death. You want to set it on 'DroidUpper' (-2887).

I've never had problems with gamesys corruption using ShockEd itself. What I do if I want to edit a gamesys is to load a mission file which uses it (usually ops1 for shock2.gam, since it is small and loads quickly, but any level will do). This loads the gamesys it uses automatically along with the level. I'd avoid directly loading the gamesys.

Lost sounds at least can be fixed relatively easily even if you don't have a backup (though there should be a 'backup.gam' file even if you haven't been making manual ones), it just requires downloading the sound schema into a \schema folder and using the 'reload_schema' command in ShockEd.
1 Guest is here.
I might come across very disillusioned but I do crossword searches all night.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
664927b7cad86