66490b1ead5d7

66490b1eadb85
1 Guest is here.

Topic: Changing Camera Attach through DML files Read 735 times  

66490b1eadfd0
I would like to make a DML file that changes the "camera attach" settings of the Mission Postings in the gamesys. But I have little experience with DML files, and I don't know the spelling of the string. I've tried the following and several variations, with no results. Any idea how these things work?

+ObjProp -2205 "Camera Attach"
{
   "X" 2
}
//also "width", "offset"

+ObjProp -2205 "Camera Attach" = 2
//also {2; 0; 0; 0; 0; 0; FALSE; FALSE; FALSE; FALSE}

66490b1eae27dvoodoo47

66490b1eae2dd
you need to dump a proplist (dump_props_full in Shocked command window), that will show you the syntax. attaching for convenience.

camera attach;
Code: [Select]
ObjProp "CameraObj"          // type cCameraObj                , flags 0x0011 , editor name: "Renderer: Camera Attach"
{
"Offset" : vector
"Bank" : int_hex
"Pitch" : int_hex
"Heading" : int_hex
"Lock Bank?" : bool
"Lock Pitch?" : bool
"Lock Heading?" : bool
"Draw?" : bool
}
so if you want to change the vector on -2205 (an archetype, so the dml needs to be gamesys.dml) from something default into lets say 1, 2, 3, the dml should look like this:
Code: [Select]
ObjProp -2205 "CameraObj"
{
"Offset" 1, 2, 3
}
values that you don't want to change don't have to be specified. also, the + at the beginning is only required when you are adding stuff, it can be omitted when only modifying something that already exists.
[proplist.txt expired]
« Last Edit: 24. January 2015, 14:52:05 by voodoo47 »
66490b1eae429
It works, but only with the "+" and when the object in the gamesys does not have the property.

Without the "+", leaving the gamesys as it is and waiting for the property to change, there was no effect.

Thanks for the help!
1 Guest is here.
I might come across very disillusioned but I do crossword searches all night.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
66490b1eae526