664923901cf89

664923901d3b7
1 Guest is here.

664923901dba2voodoo47

664923901dc07
This is the long lost full version of the Arcaniac Pack, should be considered alpha/obsolete, but might be useful as a resource source, for learning etc. Should work fine loaded with BMM as any other gamesys mod (stability and completability has not been checked though).
What this mod does: 

- Replaces a TON of the models in the game... not just the AIs, but the weapons, and a bunch of the random objects like the microscopes and the body bags, and adds a bunch of new ones too.  Every deck's uniforms are now unique... the Von Braun has security personel... the Rickenbacker now has actual officers in addition to marines (though they can only be seen in Station.mis and in the form of Diego... BTW... look for a Diego easter egg in Station.mis ;))  Ghosts were meant to match up with their uniquely uniformed counterparts... but I never finished all the map changes... so most of them default to the Ops uniform (which I felt was the most generic).  Most the weapons models have been changed... I had planned to redo the pistol, grenade launcher, and assault rifle completely from their current forms... but never got to it.  I replaced all the foodstuffs - right down to the crushed cereal boxes - with recognizable foodstuffs.  All of this is pretty high poly, though I tried to keep performance on older machines in mind... the highest poly model is only about 4500 tris.  You'll also find a bunch of relics amongst the models... things that I planned to implement but never got around to it.  I even redid the severed limbs 

- A bunch of random stuff... like pistols only take up two slots now... and severed limbs are now able to be picked up. (I'd planned to in the updated story/quest system make it so that you had to find Chester Bronson's hand in order to unlock one of the doors in OPs... I was also going to make it so that you had to scour all the available decks of the ship to solve quests like that... as opposed to having decks self contained... but alas I never finished... it is playable now... but all too much like the original)

- Incorporates Straylight's newest anomolies patch (which I had planned to fix the pink water... but never got to it) at the time of the mod's creation

- Incorporates Hi-Torque's Medsci changes (most of them anyway - I lessened the ammo abundance quite a bit)

Arcaniac

664923901df08sarge945

664923901df57
This is really awesome! I would love the "2 slot pistol" and the "bronson hand" features as mini-mods for SCP! Maybe if her hand could open the MedSci armoury :P

Also, I wonder if it would be possible to make the uniform changes an SCP minimod as well. I don't know anything about scripting, but is it possible to swap-out models with different ones using scripts when you load a certain map? Could mean no map changes are needed?

Maybe it's time I get off my ass. Has anyone got any good links to modding tutorials?
664923901e12d
If you just want the uniforms you can use the reduced version of Arcaniac's mod that actually works.
And MOTHER can help you with tutorials.

664923901e5b8voodoo47

664923901e60a
I would love the "2 slot pistol" and the "bronson hand" features as mini-mods
that already exists (but it's all or nothing, as having differently sized weapons can crash the game if the inventory is full and the player tries to swap them with a hotkey. should someone happen to pick this pack up in the future, this is the first thing that needs to be fixed). the hand would probably require hard edits to the game files, no easy way of doing a thing like that.
is it possible to swap-out models with different ones using scripts when you load a certain map? Could mean no map changes are needed?
yes, changing models can be done upon map load, or in realtime, and without having to actually modify the maps, just dml/script stuff.

also, the Arcaniac version of RealSG works fine with this full pack, in case anyone was wondering.

//not much tutorials on dmls, but lets turn this sticky into a place for all the dml stuff.
« Last Edit: 27. January 2018, 12:49:55 by voodoo47 »

664923901e8d7sarge945

664923901e925
that already exists (but it's all or nothing, as having differently sized weapons can crash the game if the inventory is full and the player tries to swap them with a hotkey. should someone happen to pick this pack up in the future, this is the first thing that needs to be fixed).

Damn, I was hoping this would be a cool way to make the pistol remain useful, as the Assault Rifle is basically objectively superior

664923901ea17ZylonBane

664923901ea69
In real life things are sometimes superior to other things.

664923901eaf4sarge945

664923901eb45
Video games are based on balance, real life is not.
664923901ed6d
It's balanced because you need a higher skill level for the AR and you find it only later in the game. As far as the AR is even balanced :)

664923901ee66voodoo47

664923901eeb2
I tend to use "acceptable/believable within the borders of the SS(2) universe". throwing away a weapon that uses the same ammo types and deals less damage than the new one you just found is perfectly in line with that. I usually do this with the proliferator as well (on the rare occasions I decide to go for the worm launcher, that is) - typically, you don't want to carry two guns that use the same ammo in any game (unless the weapons work very, very differently).

I very much doubt one square of inventory space would make a difference, even if it was technically doable.
« Last Edit: 11. March 2018, 12:09:28 by voodoo47 »
1 Guest is here.
I might come across very disillusioned but I do crossword searches all night.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
664923901efaa