6648ccd35a6cb

6648ccd35ab9a
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2 Blaydes99 RttUNN
Page: « 1 ... 7 [8] 9 »
Read 251130 times  

6648ccd35b2c7voodoo47

6648ccd35b32f
rc11 is up, just a quick fix to the second email portrait on Gallo and one spawn point, and slowed down the ecologies as they definitely were a bit too generous with the shotgun fodder.

it's ok to update mid-game, but only not yet visited maps will be affected.

//note to self - make sure the spawnpoints are not affected by the "farthest" bug.
//the disruption grenade needs to be fixed properly.
//nacelle code quest needs to be logged properly.
//split the ending room into its own separate map to not crash MP.
« Last Edit: 28. August 2019, 14:55:10 by voodoo47 »

6648ccd35b48bicemann

6648ccd35b4e5
I'm completely stuck. Need to find the code to the fuel area in Nacelle A on the ship. None of the nearby bodies had audio logs of the code, and the email you get telling you to go there doesn't tell you the code either.

[edit]
Nevermind. Turns out I had the code all along in a log from a different deck but the FM didn't make a note about it. Grr.
« Last Edit: 27. August 2019, 15:35:29 by icemann »

6648ccd35b595voodoo47

6648ccd35b5e1
it's nacelle B, and the code is not on the same deck - I know about this, but not sure whether I want to change it. I think I'll just add it to the questlog.

//yep.

6648ccd35b6b1voodoo47

6648ccd35b70c
rc12 is up, few fixes to objects and textures, and the fuel storage area code is now logged properly in the pda.

still no fix to the ending in MP, it's kind of can of wormy, so leaving for later.

//also note to self - you actually are supposed to start with STR 2, need to find a way to fix this.
« Last Edit: 12. September 2019, 09:39:47 by voodoo47 »
6648ccd35b820
Hi! I can't find the fuel storage area code. I read it's supposed to be in Lee's log, but can't find it. Is it in Deck A?

6648ccd35b8c3voodoo47

6648ccd35b90f
yeah, it's on a different level, but as mentioned in my previous post, once you have it, your pda will make a note.
6648ccd35ba04
May you give me a spoiler where to find it? I'm just running around the levels the last half hour, but apparently lost something.

6648ccd35ba8avoodoo47

6648ccd35bad5
Deck C (the top level), a crate near a worm pile.
6648ccd35bc21
Ok, finished it. That deck C was somewhat annoying with all the enemies respawning. I just pumped agility and kept running past them, but that made me lose the crate with the code. Not the nicest way to play SS2, but neither is to fight all the time, over and over again.

However, besides that specific deck, RttUNN is the best FM I've played so far. I loved the fact that you have to save your supplies, play stealth at the beginning to survive and look for alternative ways to reach a given place (very inspired by Deus Ex). Looking forward to see if there are other similar FMs (Christina's ones are great, but play more like the base game).

6648ccd35bcd3voodoo47

6648ccd35bd20
will check the spawns, but they are not supposed to be too aggressive, definitely not to the point where the player would just stop fighting and just run past them.

but it's good to hear that has been the only place where the AIs spawned maybe a bit too much.
6648ccd35be5c
Since the deck is quite small, I had the impression that enemies were respawning almost instantly. So there was no point in trying to kill them. Not sure if it was deliberate, to make you not take a breath for a second, but isn't my favorite kind of SS2.

But yes, it was the only point where that was a problem. And it was even kind of nice to make my last desperate run to reach the Bridge and then... "oooops, should had prepared for this..."

6648ccd35bf1dvoodoo47

6648ccd35bf6c
well, will check next time I'll be working on this.

6648ccd35c043Naneetos

6648ccd35c08f
Interesting mod, I'm up to the part near the start area where I killed the "black ninja" (forgot how he's called...)
I just want to know if that's "normal" that every 30 seconds or so I hear this super loud kind of "plane taking off" sound effect. Is there a way to turn off that shit? That fucking CRAP of a sound. Uhh, feels good letting it out. I feel better now.
So, any way to disable it?

6648ccd35c150voodoo47

6648ccd35c19c
yes, find it in the fan mission's resources (it'll be a WAV file of some sort) and delete it.

but yeah, I'm very sure this one will not agree too much with your unupdated SS2 install, if that's what you are still using. unless you are running it without its patch, and if that's the case, be ready for bugs galore.

6648ccd35c266Naneetos

6648ccd35c2b2
Oh, it's this guy again... Apparently he's everywhere...
I did not ask anything about what kind of setup I have, or for your opinion on that matter whatsoever.
The subject was being discussed in the other thread I opened about it, and you did a rather poor job of attempting to guide a new person on how to do it, so keep anything related to that subject in that other thread.

6648ccd35c39cvoodoo47

6648ccd35c3e7
I indeed am.

we could have saved some dozen and half posts if you just managed to explain your situation properly - a fairly simple task you didn't quite get done (would it be so difficult to say "I have winxp, GOG 2.46 standalone installer, and want to use mods and play fan missions" straight off the bat?), so right back at you.

to stay on topic - I'm very sure this fan mission, when fully patched, requires a proper 2.48 GOG/steam build of SS2, and the latest version of NVscript as the bare minimum to work properly (also SHTUP-ND and Fixed Objects mods loaded).

6648ccd35c52aVegoraptor

6648ccd35c578
Do keep in mind that voodoo is certainly the more benign half of the executive diarchy keeping this realm in check.
To make things clear, you are probably looking for [RttUNN-folder]/snd/amb/epod_go.wav, if you haven't found it yet. That airplane takeoff is quite annoying though, maybe we could turn down the volume a bit for the next patch (and/or make it less frequent).

6648ccd35c66cvoodoo47

6648ccd35c6ba
should be possible to tone it down without reprocessing the wav file - I'll check.

//add this to unn.gam.dml;
Code: [Select]
ObjProp "escpod_go" "SchPlayParams"
{
"Volume" -1000
}
-1 is the original value, -2000 is barely audible, the lower you go, the quieter things will get. mission restart not required as far as I can tell. I think I'll probably use some value between -500 and -1000 in the next update.
« Last Edit: 15. June 2020, 19:31:23 by voodoo47 »
6648ccd35c84c
Just played 4 of Christine's FM's (again :) ), and now wanted to replay RttUNN, but crashes in the start of the game when you select which of the three branches you would want you join.
Using FMsel 1.1.2.
It is correct that RttUNN starts the way normal System Shock 2 starts, in the tram, and then you take the gravlift upstairs to choose one of the three branches?

Have a dmp file that is 235mb, so could upload it somewhere if someone wanted to look at it.

thx
Kristian

6648ccd35c91evoodoo47

6648ccd35c969
lets make sure everything is set up properly;

-patched up the SS2 install with the latest tool
-extracted the fm into its own folder inside the FMsel folder
-extracted the latest RttUNN patch on top, overwriting all old files

also, there are no three branches in the fm, seems like the vanilla game is loading for some reason. I guess no harm in posting the crashdump (include ss2.log, zip everything up, post somewhere and link. gdrive is preferred).
« Last Edit: 22. November 2020, 19:17:06 by voodoo47 »
Acknowledged by: krist2
6648ccd35cad5
Hello, voodoo47
thx for your reply.
Yes, everything should be patched up ok, clean download from gog, updated with latest tool, no mods, and for some reason
it doesn't start as it should.
The for FM's for Christine works as intended, and have completed them all the last week.

Tried on two different installs, totally clean.

Thx for taking a look:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JHOwXEGJtANqAHRxjLQ1B-b-qNtzeXPP/view?usp=sharing

6648ccd35cbb5voodoo47

6648ccd35cc00
just checked on a new install, everything working fine. as far as I can tell, the fm files are not being loaded (you are getting the vanilla earth map), check whether your downloaded RttUNNv1.08_patch_rc12.7z and RttUNNv1.01_sky+spawn-patched.7z have proper size, and whether the files have been fully extracted to the proper place - your \SS2\FMs\RttUNN\ folder should be full of files and folders.

have you tried to launch the fm again? maybe this was just some freak accident misload.
[rttunn.jpg expired]
Acknowledged by: krist2
6648ccd35cd21
Thanks so much for your help voodoo, downloaded again, checked filesize, and was the same.
Seems to be the same files and folders as before, but suddenly it works! 
But changed the folder name for the FM, could perhaps be something with too many characters?

Edit:
yes, the culprit was the name of the folder, perhaps two long or characters that wasn't recognized.
Renamed in my old install, and worked now! :)

6648ccd35cdbbvoodoo47

6648ccd35ce06
any chance you could post the full path that didn't work, and then the corrected path that did? I'd like to try to replicate the issue.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

Replicator restrictions are in place for the good of whom?:
1 Guest is here.
Aborted project. Does nothing.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6648ccd35cf43