🔒 Can't DML modify shotgun slug/pellet damage properties?

1 Guest is here.
6649e00b0a801
voodoo47Quote
yeah, multiple instances of the same script on one object is a big no-no.
6649e00b0ab8c
RoSoDudeQuote
Another day, another random question -- squirrel.osm doesn't get automatically loaded when I open SCP rick2.mis, rick3.mis, or shodan.mis in ShockEd. I'm on the latest NewDark. Is this a problem? Squirrel still loads in the game proper, right?
6649e00b0ac4c
voodoo47Quote
if you have a tool patched install, yes, it will be loaded for the game exe.
6649e00b0add5
RoSoDudeQuote
Moving the discussion here from my mod archive thread for a bit.

I'm trying to move the prisms I created via NVCreateAndLink "Contains" in medsci1.mis.dml to the blue room. It seems to work, but when I loot the item from the container it's supposed to be linked to, the item does not appear in my inventory. There are no problems when I have the item spawn physically inside the crate, though that's not a very tenable solution for some corpse loot on other maps. I assume this is because the item isn't initialized because it's in a different zone.

The working version (spawned physically inside the crate):

Code:
////Puts a Small Prism in the crate by the autopsy lab
+ObjProp 562 "Scripts" //A Crate#1
{
    "Script 0" "NVCreateAndLink"
    "Script 1" ""
"Script 2" ""
    "Script 3" ""
    "Don't Inherit" false
}
+ObjProp 562 "ObjList" = "NVCreateAndLinkOn="Sim"; NVCreateAndLinkCreate="-41"; NVCreateAndLinkLinkType="Contains"; NVCreateAndLinkLoc="0.0, 0.0, 0.0"; NVCreateAndLinkCount=1;" //A Crate#1

The non-functional version (spawned inside blue room)

Code:
////Puts a Small Prism in the crate by the autopsy lab
+ObjProp 562 "Scripts" //A Crate#1
{
    "Script 0" "NVCreateAndLink"
    "Script 1" ""
"Script 2" ""
    "Script 3" ""
    "Don't Inherit" false
}
+ObjProp 562 "ObjList" = "NVCreateAndLinkOn="Sim"; NVCreateAndLinkCreate="-41"; NVCreateAndLinkLinkType="Contains"; NVCreateAndLinkLoc="43.3715, 154.857, 1.99"; NVCreateAndLinkLocObj=0; NVCreateAndLinkCount=1;" //A Crate#1
6649e00b0aee4
voodoo47Quote
well what do you know, that seems to be the case. I'm guessing the contained object needs to be in a connected cell then (I did quickly test this with a different contained object I've moved a few rooms away, and it worked. ah Dark, don't ever change).

looks like you'll have to hide them inside the crates for the time being.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact