SS2 Rebalanced Skills and Disciplines

1 Guest is here.
66498d06ca6fd
sarge945Quote

Quote by JDoran:
I've meant to try this for a while, but never gotten around to it, so now's the perfect time!

This is my SS2 mod setup:

I think you're the first person I've seen so far still using one of the individual coloured laser rapier versions.

Also your installation of Scary Monsters is outdated (but it's disabled anyway)

You need to put the rebirth version of RealSG (Rebirth GFX Shotgun in your case) above Rebirth itself.

Quote by JDoran:
Sarge's Randomiser (another mod I've yet to play) has just been updated, would that work with your mod too?

Yes, use the compatibility addon on the randomiser page.

66498d06cadb8
RoSoDudeQuote
JDoran
RSD goes on the very top, unless you use Sarge's Randomizer in which case you want to use the RSD compatibility addon over it. Note that RSD requires SCP, whereas the note you wrote seems to imply that you think it's incompatible?

Repairman is highly recommended, Rickenbacker Automaps is nice, Alarming Cameras is good if you want the security systems to pose an actual threat, and you will probably want Scary Monsters as an SS2 veteran.

Depending on your tastes you may also be interested in Alternate Start, Cutscene Skipper, and Inventory Fumbler.
66498d06caf7b
JDoranQuote
Sarge, thanks for the info.

RoSoDude, thanks mate. A couple of those I wasn't aware of, though I won't be using Inventory Fumbler. - I am clumsy enough in real life  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
66498d06cb0d6
JDoranQuote
RoSoDude, you recommend the mod Rickenbacker Automaps, but when I install it then both this mod, and SCP b4, both show a yellow warning triangle, with the message  "Status: Mod overwrites same *mis.file as other active level mod. Do not use mods with overlapping *.mis files."

What am I doing wrong, please? I have placed the Rickenbacker Automaps mod near the top of the Blue Mod Manager, and SCP is right at the bottom.

Edit: I have found two versions of the mod, the one you linked to, and one you uploaded yourself (https://www.systemshock.org/index.php?wap2;topic=11751.msg139985#msg139985). They are slightly different archive file sizes, and I tried them both, but they both clash with SCP.
66498d06cb270
ZylonBaneQuote
Someone for damn sure best not be recommending people install anything from the Engineering forum. There's a reason everything there isn't here in the Modifications forum. We already have a hard enough time keeping people's installs straight and up to date with officially released mods, without having to worry about loons scraping unfinished projects from Engineering.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact