SS2 Rebalanced Skills and Disciplines

1 Guest is here.
6649e95ae590c
RoSoDudeQuote
Just got confirmation from another person having the issue that the items are floating above the crates AND contained inside them, so I can safely move them physically inside the crate (or to the blue room as you said) without putting the items out of reach. Will do for all of the new contained items.

EDIT: see my friend's attached save
[save_12.zip expired]
6649e95ae5acc
voodoo47Quote
would go for the blue room, their glow might be visible when just stuck inside the crates.

yeah, the prism's got Has Refs set to true, odd. blue room it is, then. //or not. crates for the win, I suppose.
6649e95ae5c59
RoSoDudeQuote
Uploaded 1.01 with some fixes and changes:

#### 1.01 ####
-Added DML fingerprinting to prevent changes being loaded into Secmod missions
-Fixed new prisms added to medsci1, eng2, hydro1, hydro2, and ops3 floating above their containers for some users
-Reduced charged prism glow from 15 to 10 to make placement in crates less conspicuous
-Fixed Tier 4 Psi Discipline unlock cost not being changed to from 50 to 40 cyber modules as claimed in 1.00
-Fixed an exploit where the player could abuse saving and loading to spawn limitless spent prisms in their inventory
-Fixed Tank O/S Upgrade description listing the SCP value of 10HP instead of the reverted 5HP
-Decreased player HP on Normal from 35 + 5 x END to 24 + 6 x END
-Decreased player HP on Hard from 24 + 3 x END to 16 + 4 x END
-Decreased base success chance on spent prism repair from 15% to 10%, increased base ICE nodes from 5 to 7
-Cleaned up some comments in the mod files

Any way I can set the download to never expire? Or is it something the forum moderators do, along with transferring download counts?
6649e95ae5e12
voodoo47Quote
yeah - done.

also, the prisms emitting light, and prisms "glowing" actually isn't the same thing - if you want to make them look like they are glowing, have a look at the extralight prop (on the left, value of 0.4. note that this still isn't proper - ideally, the object would be set up to self-light itself when emitting light, but that is something a modder needs to edit into the object itself. the various light objects, like the wedge lights, are a good example).

also note - giving a dynamic light to an object the player can throw around in large quantities might cause issues - Dark has a limit of 32 dynamic lights per level, and bad stuff will start to happen when that is reached. the chances are pretty low, but still.

//there's a desktop.ini file under objicon, also, bmp is not an ideal format for Dark, should be converted to png.
[brightlight.jpg expired]
6649e95ae5f2a
voodoo47Quote
NVscript has been updated - NVCreateAndLink now sets Has Refs to FALSE on Contains links, this fixes the issue of the contained prisms being rendered after the first save/load for good.

the tool will start deploying the updated script in a couple of hours, in the meantime, you can grab the linked archive and extract it to your OSM folder.
Acknowledged by: RoSoDude

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact