SS2 Rebalanced Skills and Disciplines

1 Guest is here.
6649a52204afc
RoSoDudeQuote
Uploaded 1.02 with some more fixes and changes.

#### 1.02 ####
-Cleaned up gamesys.dml to minimally overwrite script slots (archetypes for battery/prism repair fully overwrite just in case)
-Fixed compatibility issues with RealSG 1.03 overwriting SS2-RSD's changes to shotgun modifications
-Fixed compatibility issues with RealSG 1.04 being overwritten by SS2-RSD
-Fixed shotgun changes not being applied to broken hybrid shotguns
-Fixed 3 Pistols in medsci2, hydro2, and ops2 having more ammo than the new base capacity
-Fixed a Pistol in medsci2 and a Shotgun in eng1 having the old mod level 1 stats
-Fixed adjusted psi discipline durations not reflected in game descriptions
-Removed special recoil/degradation status from all weapon pickups
   -A Pistol, Assault Rifle, Shotgun, and EMP Rifle in medsci2
   -3 Pistols in eng1 (1 more is already converted into a Laser Pistol)
   -An EMP Rifle in rec1
   -An EMP Rifle in rec2
   -An EMP Rifle in rec3
   -A Pistol, Grenade Launcher, Shotgun, and Laser Pistol in command1
-Broke the Assault Rifle in Hydroponics A, reduced condition from 7 to 5
-Added comments to mission DMLs to allow removal of pointless (?) gun properties on melee weapons/psi amp pickups
-Replaced glow on charged batteries/prisms with adjusted pickup brightness to better match icons and avoid engine limitations
-Removed desktop.ini file from install archive
-Deleted outdated design note parameter from gamesys.dml
6649a5220721f
voodoo47Quote

Quote by RoSoDude:
Load SS2-RSD above SCP with Blue Mod Manager
people might misread that and place it right above SCP - considering there are a couple of other mods that need to have a lower priority, I'd just state that this mod needs to have the highest priority possible.

also, what's the official stance on vanilla compatibility? not supported/don't care/supported? as far as I can tell, it will probably work ok (with maybe some minor issues, like strings not being completely accurate).

and 99.99% sure the shockscp.gam.dml with the extra script edits is unnecessary, as the change will get applied by the gamesys.dml anyway (as long as the mod has top priority).
6649a522073db
RoSoDudeQuote
Yeah, good point about the load priority.

Official stance is I haven't tested it with vanilla and there might be some minor problems (like the reverted stim stuff on Localized Pyrokinesis?). Also, it was designed with the ADaOB balance changes that SCP retains in mind. I'd actually consider recreating those in DML so the mod is more vanilla friendly.

Without it, the shockscp.gam.dml from RealSG 1.03 overwrites my gamesys.dml changes. With it included, I get the reworked shotgun modification script as intended. Just tested both scenarios. Obviously I'd encourage everyone to update to 1.04 (like I should have), but it was worth idiot proofing.
6649a522074b1
voodoo47Quote
so it does - interesting. good thing I didn't say I was 100% sure.

anyway, icons still in bmp format, I know I'm nitpicking, but still..
6649a52207596
RoSoDudeQuote
I tried exporting the edited icons I made in GIMP as .png instead of .bmp but the purple background didn't turn transparent, so I didn't bother. Is .pcx any better? I could try that.

Also, will need to update anyway since I messed up the Midwife/Rumbler organ research times.

EDIT: If you're using 1.02, overwrite SS2\DMM\SS2-RSD_1.02\gamesys.dml with the attached file to fix the research times.
[gamesys.dml expired]

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact