🔒 ✅ weird inventory graphics error in modded mac version of SS2 GOG

1 Guest is here.
Page: 1/3▶▶
6648c318998f4
rcccQuote
Hello,
I know nobody plays on a mac here and that problems with this way of playing are hard to find, but I want at least try, who knows.

I use the Mac OS X version of GOG SS2 and modded it according to the newbie modding guide. The game runs almost perfect, except one graphical glitch I encounter sometimes and which I cannot reproduce. Sometimes the inventory and message screen looks like this (see attached image).

I tried to figure out if the root of the problem is in one of the mods by disabling them step by step, but this does not seem to be the problem. I can't reproduce the behaviour. For example If I save a game where I encountered it, then quit the game and reload the save, the behaviour is suddenly gone but might appear somewhere else.

Any ideas what I could do to track it down?

Cheers
[dump000.png expired]
Acknowledged by: ThiefsieFool
6648c31899c7f
OlfredQuote
Does it only affect the inventory?
Once the error emerged, does it stay forever or is reloading the only way to get it away?
What happens when you open other menus like the PSI interface, the logs and so on?
Can you still click the items inside the inventory? (Even without seeing them, just clicking where an item should be should give off some sound).

I don't have a mac and I have never seen this error in SS2 before. My first guess would be that something is limiting the number of 2D objects which can be drawn, and therefore the inventory and everything which follows doesn't get drawn anymore.
Maybe update the video card driver? And what is used to play this on a mac? Some Windows emulation?
It could also be some memory error where the graphics can't be accessed anymore. I currently have no idea what to do in that case.
6648c31899db6
rcccQuote
it happens with the other two HUD elements too (see screenshots). It's only the graphics, I can still use inventory items and click on messages, etc.

But I found something else. I started a new game once with a plain install (as it came from GOG) and another new game with only SS2tool applied. I could not reproduce the problem in these two cases.

With the modded version the problem appears after a few minutes of gameplay. Maybe it's some heat issue ... which of the mods (according to newbie guide) could most likely be responsible?

The emulation is done via wineskin (a wrapper for wine)

thanks for help so far
[dump001.png expired]
[dump002.png expired]
6648c31899e72
OlfredQuote
I see.

Try increasing the virtual RAM in wine.

The mods who would have the biggest effect of using up memory are probably SHTUP and 400.
6648c31899f60
rcccQuote
Hmm, ok, I'll try. I have an integrated video card (Intel HD Graphics 5000) and it uses 1.5GB of VRAM of my 8GB of RAM total. Does this sound too little? I think wineskin is able to use all of it...
Page: 1/3▶▶

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact