🔒 [Obsolete] SS2 Vurt's misc stuff

2 Guests are here.
Page: 1/23▶▶
6635358e09f1f
vurtQuote
Tags: °texture °MTL °obsolete

Misc things i've decided to retexture. More will be added.

Security Door

Note - this is UNFINISHED/OBSOLETE stuff! do NOT use unless you know exactly what you are doing!

Before/after

Turret Muzzle flash/smoke and shell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQeqPAOYIdk

Better Explosions. Improves the explosions from grenades and droids(+ adds an electrical field).

Known problems at certain places, use at your own risk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mp9GTcVDE3E

To get smoother looking explosions paste the following into your gamesys.dml (thanks Blaydes!):

Code:
DML1

//explosion animation test

//HE_harmless explosion
+ObjProp -2912 "FrameAniConfig"
{
    "frames per second" 40
}

//Incendiary explosion
+ObjProp -1425 "FrameAniConfig"
{
    "frames per second" 40
}

//HE explosion
+ObjProp -383 "FrameAniConfig"
{
    "frames per second" 35
}

If you want to fix the missing explosions (like the one in medsci1), add this as well:

Code:
//size fix so the explosion would be spawned properly when emitted by tweq
+ObjProp -3933 "Scale"
{
"" 0.25, 0.25, 0.25
}

might break more than it fixes though.

Acknowledged by: TheSarcasticCanadian
6635358e0a1a1
infrabaronQuote
thank you vurt seems passable but every time i frob it i get the right click menu from windows and it runs down my screen like necklace inlaid with honey and the floor starts to cough and twist. 

few suggestions:
1.  the font for security is not quite identical - although it has more solidity than original it does not have that 'systemy, system font authority.'  i recommend papyrus.
2. bamboo.
3. tweaking the embossments would make the fidelity a lot more rotund - it seems like there are some fine, shallow grooves in the original that seem to pop out in yours.  if you were to commit further to the original vision of the door a good thing to door would be to go into the editor and change the material properties and animation of the door so it could bulge and smother the player in a thin fog like a guillotine blade made of charcoal.  it would add a specific tension in the same way a loud, heavy sigh can unfurl a rug.
6635358e0a291
vurtQuote
I get the part about the font, yes i might change that to a more similar style. Though i'm not really trying to make an exact replica of the original, just something similar.

The rest i dont understand, i guess you're using google translate, it doesnt work that well for some languages.
6635358e0a3c0
voodoo47Quote
he is the resident nonsensical troll - and apparently, he hasn't been given his ban pill for a while. will be remedied soon enough.
6635358e0a4af
ZanderatQuote
Silly question.  What does "frob" mean?
Page: 1/23▶▶

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact