🔒 GMDX: Deus Ex Mod.

2 Guests are here.
◀◀Page: 86/297▶▶
664808523e867
Join2Quote
News update: http://www.moddb.com/mods/gmdx/news/gmdx-v80-development-milestone

The perk system is now complete, boasting 32 perks to choose from.

664808523ea75
voodoo47Quote
no strong feelings about these small additions, but we'll see how everything plays out as a whole.

still wishing dual wielding of pistols would somehow be implemented.
664808523eb56
Join2Quote
A new perk system, over 200 new sounds, an insane amount of level design work and more I wouldn't call small, but hey.

How it plays out as a whole is glorious. I'm very proud.
664808523ed34
JDoranQuote
Would it be possible to add a feature whereby you can give money to people, even though they've not requested it? You know, like the sick/homeless people, the hungry, homeless kid at the start of mission 2, etc? So that when you talked to one of these people, instead of them saying something random, the game gives you a list of things you can say to them, such as:

Here's five dollars, get yourself something to eat.
Here's twenty dollars, get yourself a meal and somewhere to sleep.
Here's a hundred dollars, use it to turn your life around.

Saying any of the above removes that amount of cash from your inventory, and gives it to the person, and that person then exits the level, as though they've gone to spend the cash (probably make them walk away first, not just disappear into thin air in front of you).

I always feel sorry for the homeless/sick people in the game, and being able to give them some money like this would help to make the player feel better.
664808523ee3a
Join2Quote
NPC conversation interactions require voice acting. Who says each individual bum wants your pity? Wouldn't it be odd that each bum accepts your generous offer, says nothing then starts to exit the level? If I cannot implement it to the quality the game deserves then I'll have to refuse. Sorry.

Having the option to give a homeless kid pittance would be fitting if done right, but doing it right is not an option. So it is either do it poorly or not at all.
◀◀Page: 86/297▶▶

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact