🔒 Julia Ecklar - Space Heroes & Other Fools [1983]

1 Guest is here.
664a6edd9a1ae
GiggyTheEvilQuote
Personally, I found Cold Dreams to be the most poignant.
Second I would say Pushing The Speed of Light.

Space Hero was pretty terrible, and the more opera-y ones I didn't like so much. But overall, I found the album quite deep.
664a6edd9a3d2
KolyaQuote
Not sure which ones you define as reminiscent of operas? Not the ones I've posted videos of above I hope? These are just so :awesome:
I still have another album of her early works somewhere. Haven't really listened to that yet.
* Kolya goes rummaging in his harddrive's basement
664a6edd9a4ef
GiggyTheEvilQuote
The ones like Crystal Singer ( I remember reading that book) and Helva's song. :hacker:

Just noticed hymn to breaking strain hadn't upacked properly, so I haven't listened to that more than once. Its  :thumb:

Somewhat unrelated, Cold Dreams inspired a short bit of writing. Should I post it in here or should I make a new thread?
664a6edd9a5cf
SamQuote
Thank you!
After listening to Darkness, I felt obliged to download the whole cassette.

Sam
664a6edd9a752
KolyaQuote
If you like Darkness you will probably find a few more. ... Glad I'm not the only weirdo. ;)

@Giggy: Wherever you prefer.

I have meanwhile found out that Hymn to breaking strain is a poem by Rudyard Kipling from 1935. I also read that (some of) the other songs are based on sci-fi novels, though I don't know which ones in particular.

The other album I have is "Horsetamer's Daugher", also from 1983. It is based on Marion Zimmer Bradley's "Darkover" series of novels. To me it is less interesting because it covers medieval fantasy stories. I guess that fits her style, but I like "Space Heroes & Other Fools" exactly for this contrast of tone and subject.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact