1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2 RocketMan Alternative Weapons Pack 1.1
Page: « 1 ... 3 [4] 5 ... 7 »
Read 121530 times  

663812decd038Rainalkar

Re: SS2 RocketMan Alternative Weapons Pack Beta 5
663812decd0af
I agree with all of the above :thumbwink:

Btw, did anyone notice that Eldron's hand model lacks (I think) vhot property? Meaning that any effect of any of the psi abilities is incorrectly produced?

663812decd34dRocketMan

663812decd3a2
Thanks for the pictures once again M.F.  I'm surprised and glad that the amp is well recieved.  I guess I'll wait for others to comment before I put the final touches on any weapon that needs adjustment.

663812decd5fcgrinder

663812decd653
Thanks for your great work, RocketMan! Especially for SFG and PsiAmp.  :thumbwink:

And the world psi-amp is a perfect match for Elderon's hand model.
Totally agreed, that was exactly what I needed!

A liitle glitch noticed: there's a unnecessary HRSShotC.gif file in the current Rocket-Amp.ss2mod and because of it SS2MM says that Rocket-Amp conflicts with Shotgun replacement mods (f.e. Tacticool one).

663812decd713RocketMan

663812decd75f
Unnecessary is an interesting word because I too think it is unnecessary but in the technical sense it is necessary since it's being used by the model.  Of course since it causes a compatability warning, it should be removed.  I'll make that one of the things I fix for the final rev.

663812decd86fRocketMan

663812decd8c1
I noticed something about the annelid launcher that I didn't like too much.  I'm surprised nobody's commented on it yet.  Anyway would somebody mind trying out the included replacement textures below and telling me if they notice any difference....better, worse, etc.  I don't want to draw attention to a flaw if these latest textures don't make any difference to the player so I won't say what it is until I get feedback.  Thank you :)

http://h1.ripway.com/RRRocketMan/system%20shock%20stuff/txt16.zip

663812decda00RocketMan

Re: SS2 RocketMan Alternative Weapons Pack 1.0
663812decda57
Update: Version 1.0 is out !          SEE FIRST POST

I'm finally done with this mod for the forseable future.  I've gone over everything I've done and put whatever finishing touches on the weapons I felt was necessary.  The changes include:

Psi Amp:  Proportions were fixed somewhat to resemble Eldron's amp better.  A bit of detail was added as well.

Annelid Launcher:  Animated tube sequence was edited for less obvious transition from final frame to first frame and also texture mapping was fixed so there's no visible seam where the texture wraps around.

Crystal Shard:  Added more primary and secondary spikes to both models.

SFG:  Assidragon was involved.....it is therefore perfect :)

Viral Prolif:  Looks pretty good to me....unchanged

Wrench: ditto

« Last Edit: 19. November 2008, 07:13:50 by RocketMan »
663812decdbec
Hello, RocketMan!

I know I come late with this but please accept my congratulations and thanks for your impressive contributions!

I will be very happy to use your weapon modifications!

663812decdc9dRocketMan

663812decdcec
Thank you.  I'm glad to see my efforts are improving people's gaming experiences, even if the quality isn't all that it could be.

663812decdf68Enchantermon

663812decdfc3
WinRar tells me that the Viral Proliferator archive is damaged, and SS2MM doesn't recognize it, either. I tried downloading it again and got the same result. Could someone upload it again, por favor? :)

663812dece0afNameless Voice

663812dece0ff
Works fine for me.

663812dece1a4Enchantermon

663812dece1f2
Hrm. Third time's the charm, I guess. It works now. *shrugs*
663812dece37d
     Hey Rocket, with all due respect to other modders, your weapons are some of the greatest in my opinion and really improve the game's feel. I've got a problem though with the Psi Amp. The amp_w.bin and all is inside the Objects folder but the game refuses to use it and ops for the old world version instead. My guess is that I must delete the old psi amp world version .bin or something, but I don't know what it is.
     I do have the Arcaniac Redux goodies, and I know they replace weapons, but I thought I could overwrite them like I successfully did with your Pistol and Laser, however while your wrench is working for world and hand models... his wrench is used for the inventory!
     How can I make this amp_w.bin actually appear... and where are the inventory pictures from? The World models?
Sorry for the long post... :(

663812dece43aEnchantermon

663812dece48e
The wrench problem is more than likely happening because Arcaniac replaced the wrench's inventory icon and Rocketman did not. Go into the objicon folder in your SS2 directory and look for icon_wrench.pcx. If you find it, open it and make sure that it looks like Arcaniac's wrench. If it does, delete it.
663812dece6a5
Yep, Rocketman's wrench is meant to be a recreation of the original wrench, so he (rightfully) didn't bother with a new inventory icon.
And no, you don't have to delete the original psi amp to make the new one work. I guess you're confused about what the world model is, that's provided with Rocket's psi amp mod. That is just the model of the weapon when it's lying around somewhere on the floor. Once you pick it up and use it, another model is used.
Rocketman created this world model as a complementary model to Eldron's Psi Amp, which you will also have to install to get the fully changed weapon. (See Rocketman's post here.)
It really is a bit confusing, maybe we should just merge Rocketman's world-model with Eldron's psi amp into one mod.

663812dece958Enchantermon

663812dece9c4
Rocketman created this world model as a complementary model to Eldron's Psi Amp . . .
Wait, he did? Well. I guess that's what I get for not reading the thread.
663812decebf7
Thanks guys.. er... shortly after posting I looked in Objicon and deleted it.
C'mon Kolya :) , first you say I don't know what an IP is on IRC a long time ago, now you say I'm confused on what a world model is? I was saying I didn't know what the *old* world model was... what it was called, at least. When you told me you acted as the "forum mother" (I think for ttlg) you weren't kidding! Nag, nag, nag. :) Your wisdom is always appreciated.

As for the amp_w.bin, apparently the game has an original amp_w hidden away which it uses religiously. With his version having the same name it chooses the oldie by default? So I simply edited the Psi Amp to use world model "psi_w.bin" instead. Then, I changed Rocket's amp_w to the new name and viola! The Death star is now complete, gooooooooooooood! {Sidious}
BTW, who knows what the alert sound is called? Cameraalert.wav? I want to desecrate it with the Metal Gear Solid 2 Alert theme. I know, I know.
(Kolya: "30 lashes for such blasphemy!")       ROFL

P.S
You guys are truly phenomenal. This community of talented, dependable, and welcoming enthusiasts can only be attributed as the fan base warrant of Looking Glass.

663812deced4aRocketMan

663812deceda7
I guess I haven't been reading the forums often enough.  I do apologize for the heterogeneous combination of the psi amp world model with Eldron's model.  I could have done the hand model as well but that would have been an exercise in futility since his model is much better than anything I could muster.  This way is perhaps a bit more complicated than it needs to be.  Since Eldron did not do a world model, I thought I should make one just so that there wasn't too much disparity between the two when you see it on the ground and then equip it.  I'm glad you like the weapons.  I think it's important to keep a clear focus of the original design intent when making these things.  I just wish I had a bit more artistic ability as that would have gone a long way in making the weapons more refined than they are now. 

663812decee50Nameless Voice

663812decee9e
You should ask Eld if you can include the world model with his arm model.
663812decef73
I sent Eld a mail regarding this today.

663812decefffRainalkar

663812decf04a
Could you ask him did he include vhot point in his hand model? It seems no

663812decf0e8RocketMan

663812decf134
How do you add a vhot to a model that doesn't have one?  Can you just copy it from a weapon that does?

663812decf205Rainalkar

663812decf25a
I think the model itself would had to be altered to include one. I'm not sure, but I believe the original psi amp does possess one, so the amp effects display correctly. With Eldron's, effects display from the middle of the model (I believe), when it should be in front of it to see the effects correctly.

663812decf3b8miracle.flame

663812decf407
Wouldn't want to interrupt technical stuff but I see psi-amp merely as a tool to enable psi abilities invoked by human himself. So it's not that off when blast of energy produces just in front of the psionic. Monkeys do not possess psi-amps to fire the energies as from the tool itself...they do it the right way. :D

663812decf4c8Rainalkar

663812decf528
Well, I guess there is nothing wrong with either approach. However, Cryokinesis is probably better summoned in front of you than from you - you may hit your arms in the latter case for instance. But the point is that effects simply look better when eminating from the amp, then from the player, and this was the designers' idea.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

Name the company that developed System Shock 2:
1 Guest is here.
it's a nanite driven world. with monkeys, ninjas and zombies. ~v47
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
663812decf70e