🔒 System Shock 2 VR

1 Guest is here.
Page: 1/24▶▶
663a89abd4f30
HardkernQuote
Hi,

new to this forum. Really cool that there are still people discussing this game.

I have recently started work on a port of SystemShock2 to Unity3d to enable VR gameplay. I started by looking through the leaked source code and an old recreation attempt. I can now import any level with its geometry, textures, objects and enemies.
Work on importing animations has come far too, but they are still kinda off from what they look like in game.

Please watch this video I made showcasing the level importing.

Quote by https://youtu.be/xOw--csz_Hs:
SystemShock2 VR - Importing Into Unity3d - YouTube
SystemShock2 VR is an on going fan project to port SS2 to Unity3d to enable VR game play. All footage seen is rendered in Unity3d. Levels have been imported ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOw--csz_Hs
Acknowledged by: Briareos H
663a89abd513d
KolyaQuote
I see you put in some work. And it's cool if you want to walk around the levels in VR. But I fear you'll find that recreating the game's mechanics is way too much work in the end. Still a nice job.  :thumb:
Acknowledged by: icemann
663a89abd531c
voodoo47Quote
history has shown us that one-man SS2 porting projects usually don't get too far - Dark is a complex beast, and cloning all its features into a different engine might prove complicated, especially if you are all alone in this.

anyway, good luck, and feel free to post you progress here.
663a89abd542b
HardkernQuote
I think the main components to get somethings playable are:

1. inventory to pick up and drop items
2. weapons to shoot badguys with
3. roaming enemy AI

Sure SS2 has a wealth of other features, but I think after getting those components I can publish a playable demo.

I'm planning on rewritting the game logic myself, so I don't have to port that horrible c++ mess.
663a89abd55c1
icemannQuote
In short, I'd highly recommend putting your energy into making a FM. We could really use a new one of those, far more than VR. VR I suspect will be added at some point in the "enhanced" edition.
Page: 1/24▶▶

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact