🔒 [Obsolete] SS2 Community Patch (SCP) Beta 3

1 Guest is here.
6649a4ff4888c
JDR13Quote
I think destroying security cameras should set off the alarm. As it is, the cameras are somewhat trivial considering how easy they are to destroy. They have very little impact on the gameplay.

6649a4ff48ba8
voodoo47Quote

Quote by JDR13:
I think destroying security cameras should set off the alarm. As it is, the cameras are somewhat trivial considering how easy they are to destroy. They have very little impact on the gameplay.
changing game mechanics is currently out of scope, but this might be doable as a dml minimod.
6649a4ff48d18
ZylonBaneQuote
I'd actually experimented with that once, by slapping a script on the camera archetype to send out an alert message when destroyed. Of course it wasn't that easy. Turns out when you do that, if you get spotted, then destroy the camera, you end up with TWO alerts going simultaneously.

I'm sure it can be done correctly with some more elaborate scripting. I'd consider also making them hackable to be an essential component of such a mod.
6649a4ff48fd2
RocketManQuote
It's too bad you can't pipe the camera vision to a display screen like SS1 could do.  That would provide a real incentive for hacking the security system. 
6649a4ff4906d
ZylonBaneQuote
I think that sounds more useful than it actually would be.
Acknowledged by 2 members: Marvin, Hikari

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact