📌 ⇨ SS1src: Modding Tools: InkyBlackness

1 Guest is here.
Page: 1/23▶▶
663526e173bc0
dertsehaQuote
° InkyBlackness °SS1src
InkyBlackness is an open-source project providing tools to modify the resource files of the original System Shock. Most prominently a graphical game editor, which allows the creation of fan-missions and content-mods.

The project also hosts the most accurate and complete description of the resource files to date, superseding TSSHP's, and most likely any other fork.

Links:

Note: The editor HackEd replaces the previous editor from the "deck" package. Read about it in the v1.0.0 release post further down.
663526e173e41
dertsehaQuote
I started this thread now as a single entry point, avoiding to pollute the remake/sequels forum any further. After all, the tools are about the original game. Also, I don't expect many more huge feature jumps - my plan is to get version 1.0.0 done before our meetup next month - and any further releases will simply be extensions to this very thread.

Today I released 0.10.0, which adds import/export of audio for electronic messages, as well as the trap messages. Various texts can be changed now too, such as the trap messages themselves.

I'm not sure whether I'll have import of videos (v-mails and cutscenes) in 1.0.0 - If at all, I guess cutscene import will be only in tool "chunkie" (command line tool). Time will tell.
663526e174016
voodoo47Quote
quick question - would InkyBlackness be capable of editing the SS1 demo map?
663526e17438e
dertsehaQuote

Quote by voodoo47:
quick question - would InkyBlackness be capable of editing the SS1 demo map?
I haven't had a look in a while, though, yes, it should be possible. The archives of the four releases have the same basic format. CD-releases have a few extra entries in their archives, though these should be ignored by the HD-releases. I'll check, for now, see further info in the thread mentioned.
663526e174493
dertsehaQuote
Release update:
v0.10.1 fixed some possible crashes during editing (when switching levels) and added some refinements for heights of specific level objects
v0.10.2 fixed a crash loading the demo levels of the shareware releases, and introduced controls to add ICE for cyberspace
Page: 1/23▶▶

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact