SS1 weapons and ammo stats

1 Guest is here.
66450791cc062
ZylonBaneQuote
Any way to get the black border back? Most of the weapons are kind of hard to see on the gray background.

The apparently random differences between weapon sprite sizes and their icon sizes is weird, but I guess we can't really do anything about it.
66450791cc1d5
KolyaQuote
I noticed the weird sizes too, it's understandable though as proportionally correct icons would have been too small or too large for the interface and possibly indistinguishable.

I switched the columns, I think it makes more sense to have the names first and the images be a part of associated data.
66450791cc28e
ZylonBaneQuote
Looking good!

Personally I'd prefer the weapon sprites on top of the icons, but maybe that's just me.
66450791cc388
KyurQuote
Very nice list of information, but there's one thing that confuses me about the  ML-41's ammunation:

Damage Per Hit   Standard - 20; Teflon - 30
Armor Penetration   Standard - 20; Teflon - 30

Well, where's the difference ?
66450791cc665
Nameless VoiceQuote
From the I.C.E.  Breaker:

WEAPON DAMAGE
Damage calculations undergo four major steps. 

1.  Armor Absorption.  If a hit is scared, the weapon's penetration value is compared to the target's armor value.  If the armor value isn't greater than the penetration value, the target's armor doesn't affect the bit and the creature takes the weapon's full damage.  If the armor value  is greater than the penetration value, than the damage is reduced by that many points. 

2.  Weapon Vulnerabilities. If the creature  is particularly  vulnerable to the weapon, the damage may be doubled or quadrupled (refer to table on p.  40).  For example, all robots have • • • • ("quadrupled") vulnerability to Magnetic attacks, and an EMP grenade makes a Magnetic attack.  Any robot will take double damage from an EMP grenade. 

3.  Critical Hits. Each weapon has an offense value.  Every creature has a defense value.  If the attack value is higher than the defense value, you can score a critical  hit [a hit that strikes the weakest part of a creature's armor).  If not, a critical hit is not possible. 
The greater the difference between these two values, the greater the chance of scoring a critical hit, and the greater the damage of the critical hit.  Critical hits can result in anywhere from 33% to 300% extra damage.  (Critical hit damage is in addition to the result of any weapon vulnerabilities.  If a weapon scores a critical hit on a particularly vulnerable creature, that hit might inflict 16 times normal damage.)

4.  Random Factor. The weapon's total damage is randomized by +/-10%.  Damage randomization can change how much damage the same weapon delivers during different attacks. 

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact