SS2 Ball Lightning Rifle

1 Guest is here.
Page: 1/8▶▶
664923da3a092
Yankee ClipperQuote
Tags: °weapon °dml °SS2

The Ball Lightning Rifle (BLR) mod is a modification of the EMP Rifle. While the EMP Rifle did EMP damage - affecting only mechanicals and half mechanicals, with this mod, the BLR does Electrical Damage, which in addition to mechs and half mechs, also affects humans and half humans. The BLR shares the EMP Rifle's weakness when it comes to the pure annelids (Reavers and spiders), in that it has no effect on them whatsoever. In addition, the BLR has no effect on SHODAN, which is one area where the EMP Rifle excels.

In addition to changing the damage type, this mod reduces the Maintenance level requirement. While the EMP Rifle had level 6 Maintenance requirement, the minimum Maintenance level has been reduced to 4 with the BLR.

The attached pics:
First up is the BLR mod loaded along with the R&R&R EMP Rifle mod. While the BLR mod changes the way the EMP Rifle works, the RRR mod does all of the work of making the rifle look great. The one in the screencap is their Rifle #3 along with LarkSS's materials addon.

Second is the BLR mod with the vanilla EMP Rifle. Uuugly!

Finally, a table from Prima's Strategy Guide showing the effects of different kinds of damage on the different kinds of monsters. Highlighted are the EMP and Electricity damages made relevant by this mod, as well as the Energy type, which is used by the Laser Pistol and Laser Rapier.
664923da3a2ba
voodoo47Quote
added tags. also, consider changing the name - "ball" is kind of.. lame? try spherical discharge energy rifle or some similar shocky mumbo-jumbo thing.

btw, good job with making this a dml mod, meaning it's compatible with anything out there.
664923da3a3d1
📱 KolyaQuote
Nice. If you really wanna change the name I suggest The Yankee Nutcracker. :awesome:
664923da3a6ef
miracle.flameQuote

Quote by voodoo47:
"ball" is kind of.. lame?"

Guľový blesk je lamerina?

English:
As me and voodoo are both the same nationality I have pronounced the same meaning in our language which is very commonly used and not considered lame. Just as ball lightning is normal and serious expression I came accross many times.
664923da3a7ac
voodoo47Quote
I know, but it still sounds kind of.. non shocky.
Page: 1/8▶▶

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact