6639fa662fd1a

6639fa663030c
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2 Untertitel Deutsch Read 6764 times  

6639fa6630f52
Tags: °translation °string °font °subtitles °SS2
EN: This mod provides German subtitles to System Shock 2.

Diese Mod fügt System Shock 2 deutsche Untertitel hinzu. Der aktuelle Release beinhaltet sämtliche Texte bis auf die der Audiologs. Das Timing ist synchron zur deutschen Sprachfassung - sofern nicht vorhanden kann diese via Steam/GOG Galaxy aktiviert oder hier nachgeladen werden.

Anwendung
Die Untertitel werden wie eine normale Mod mit dem Mod Manager installiert. Zum Aktivieren sollte das SS2Tool mit der "Enable subtitles"-Option  ausgeführt werden.

Wenn das SS2TOOL NICHT verwendet wurde, muss der cam_ext.cfg im Hauptverzeichnis folgender Eintrag hinzugefügt werden:
Code: [Select]
enable_subtitles
subtitles_hide_types nonverbal
; subtitles_hide_types movie+player+convo+bark+nonverbal
subtitles_dim 20 80 86
subtitles_font_dir fonts\
subtitles_font_name mainaa
subtitles_spacing 1
;subtitles_bg_color 0 0 0 0
subtitles_show_descr
subtitles_max_dist_bark 50
subtitles_show_descr
subtitles_extra_time 800

Einzelne Audiotypen können über die hide_types-Funktion versteckt werden. Gerade die "nonverbal"-Gruppe ist eher nervig als hilfreich und eigentlich nur für Schwerhörige gedacht. Die Anzeigedauer über das Ende des Audioparts hinaus kann mit extra_time (in ms) und die Reichweite über max_dist bestimmt werden. Die Newdark-Dokumentation listet weitere Optionen auf.

Download
GitHub.com
SystemShock.org

Partizipation
Für Fixes, Änderungswünsche und Ähnliches bitte einen Pull Request im offiziellen Repo erstellen:
https://github.com/pshjt/ss2_untertitel_deutsch

Ack
This mod was created by unn_atropos and myself. We're very grateful for being able to steal ZylonBane's original work on the English subtitles for our mod. Thanks go to mooztik for providing automated text parsing on emails and logs.
« Last Edit: 01. January 2024, 12:25:13 by Marvin »

6639fa66313e9Mooztik

Re: SS2 Deutsche Untertitel / German Subtitles
6639fa6631446
- incorporate audio logs, aka a shitton of work that's not really needed since audio logs always start playing with the interface open and the text available
OHH yeahh, so much true. but some of my friends requested it, to read it while moving(playing). then !
6639fa6631544
Erster Run beendet und auf beta2 aktualisiert, enthält ein Dutzend kleinerer Änderungen.
Acknowledged by: Colonel SFF

6639fa66316b8ZylonBane

6639fa6631709
Was this ever officially released in the SS2 Mods forum? I just did a search for "subtitles" over there and it didn't seem to come up.

(Actually it's not at all clear which translation mods include subtitles and which don't.)
6639fa66318b8
Nope. Some people wanted to have a look though them (I did two runs myself, so if there are mistakes, the only ones left should be rather minor) but never found the time, apparently. This mod is for subtitles only. The other mod is supposed to be used as a localization upgrade for SCP.

They were pretty much good to go back then, but I don't know if SCP didn't add or fix some things in the meantime.

As the intro says, audio logs were never added (waste of time imo), I'd like a version with English audio timings (this one's with the German audio in mind), and there are some unused English audio samples for which subtitles exist, but as there's no German audio variant, the timing was just copy-pasted from the English subtitles.

6639fa6631983ZylonBane

6639fa66319de
That's a shame. Since German was the only official localization of SS2, it feels like subtitles ought to be available for it.
6639fa6631bfe
@Marvin The code that you suggest for cam_ext.cfg is mostly the same that gets placed there by SS2Tool when selecting the game option: Enable subtitle support. Which is enabled by default on the first run.
I see 2 minor differences: You're additionally hiding the type: email. And you add the line: subtitles_extra_time 1500

@ZylonBane Have you subtitled emails in your subs? If not, I would just remove that from SS2Tool's code.

As for the extra time, I guess I could add that line when finding a German game. No harm done, even if subtitles are never used.

Alternatively to all of the above I could imagine integrating both subtitle sets with SS2Tool. The correct one would then be installed (as a mod) through an option in the tool, including the appropiate code in cam_ext.cfg.

Well, just some ideas, since I consider subtitles more of a game option than a mod. Tell me what youthink.

6639fa6631cc2ZylonBane

6639fa6631d12
No, I never subtitled the emails due to how huge a task it would be and how it's not really necessary. I'm not sure what that has to do with the German subtitles though.
6639fa6631e99
I'm looking for a common denominator (if one can be found) to use in the SS2Tool option that enables subtitle support:
SS2Tool currently:
; subtitles_hide_types movie+player+convo+bark+nonverbalenglish subtitles readme:
subtitles_hide_types nonverbalDeutsche Untertitel
;subtitles_hide_types movie+player+convo+email+bark+nonverbal
6639fa6631fac
Since none of you has emails translated it seems unnecessary to hide this type.
Marvin also suggests above to hide nonverbal. So the second code is now my favourite. Possibly with a comment that shows the other types.
6639fa6632171
Those configs were done years ago, I wouldn't attribute too much meaning to them, but as far as I can remember:
* Yes, I would leave nonverbal disabled. Hiding emails is something I would offer via a config toggle. Email subtitles are nice to have in some cases, and for the Many, which can be quite difficult to understand for non-native speakers.
* Haven't tried the EN subtitles in a long time, but when I extracted the timings, I used a very small interval for the beginning of any speech and cut off exactly when the speech stopped. Without the extra time, the subtitle ends immediately which is not what you'd expect coming from movie subtitles. 1500ms is a bit excessive maybe, could be 1000ms or 800ms as well.

@ZylonBane : I could give this another quick pass-over and the subtitles would be good to go. I'd need to check if SCP added anything, which should not be too much, and the timings for long emails will feel a bit off when playing with English audio. But that's it.

6639fa663278dunn_atropos

6639fa66327f5
Nope. Some people wanted to have a look though them (I did two runs myself, so if there are mistakes, the only ones left should be rather minor) but never found the time, apparently.
I'm to blame. Was working on getting the texts to appear in sync with the german audio. But progress was slow, then one day I said "gonna work on that tomorrow! Or wednesday. Yeah, definitely next wednesday!" and here we are... :(
6639fa66328f9
Everybody hang their head in shame at atropos!

6639fa6632b53ZylonBane

6639fa6632bb2
No, I never subtitled the emails...
Oops, I said the wrong thing here. Emails (the messages sent directly to the player) ARE subtitled. It's logs that I haven't subtitled.

The naming is somewhat confusing, because the "logs" category includes both logs and emails between other crew members.
6639fa6632ce6
I checked and the settings written by SS2Tool only hide nonverbal.
I'll have to check how the English subs fare with: subtitles_extra_time 800
6639fa6632f5e
Everybody hang their head in shame at atropos!
I've been doing that for the past 4 years, you know how hard this is?!
6639fa6633058
* Kolya makes an unsuccessful attempt to nod

6639fa6633119unn_atropos

6639fa6633176
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh the guilt! It's eating me eyes  :stroke: :omg:    :(

Please give me two weeks and I'll rectify my shamefull wrongdoing  :ninja:
Acknowledged by: Marvin

6639fa663320aunn_atropos

6639fa663325f
Difficult circumstances right now. One week more please?
Acknowledged by: Marvin

6639fa6633365unn_atropos

6639fa66333b7
Veeeerrrryyy slow process but maybe I'll make it in time. I really hate this.  :omg: grooar

But I found a clip of SHODAN commanding: LOVE ME!!
It's the static noise from expSho05

Edit: Or is it "Or love me"?
What other options are on the table?
[shodan_says_love_me!.mp3 expired]
« Last Edit: 30. March 2020, 20:24:40 by Moderator »

6639fa6633472ZylonBane

6639fa66334c4
It's just random babble that Eric Brosius scrambled together. It's not saying anything.

6639fa6633fc9unn_atropos

6639fa6634020
Please give me two weeks and I'll rectify my shamefull wrongdoing  :ninja:
An by "two weeks" I meant: week= a period of seven time units. A span of 7 month has passed (see! 7!). Times two it would be 14 (May 2021). So I only needed one half of the time 🥳.

So, here are the subtitle files. Finished the timing, fixed some typos. Tested only the beginning (Tutorials, mission selection).

Also I made files for texts that don't have a German translation but for which audio can be extracted from respective files.
Sound do not work ingame yet, because I don't remember how they had to be converted. @voodoo47 You at one point gave me the name of a program which does that.

Did the best I could with my very limited audiocutting abilities. Some are missing:
- sub shpdie05 { text "Ich werde Dich aus der Dunkelheit leiten." } //em407 (Sentence would have to be reorganized)
- sub shpdie09 { text "[elektrisches Geräusch]" } ??
- sub shpdie26 { text "Ungeziefer." } // SH1AT3_6.WAV (made it, but too much echo)
- sub shpdie27 { text "Ungeziefer." } same thing
- sub mypdie05 { text "Meinst du nicht, dass es besser wäre, wenn du zu uns gehören würdest??" } //em0706 (can't get a good cut)
- sub xxpdie03 { text "Respektieren Sie den Willen der Masse." } //xxrmsg05 (Sentence would have to be reorganized)

no german source??:
sub xxral101 { text "Bedrohung entdeckt. Sicherheitseinheiten auf Abfangkurs. Sicherheitseinheiten auf Abfangkurs." }
   sub xxral201 { text "Sicherheitseinheiten zu Sektor N23. Sicherheitseinheiten zu Sektor N23." }
   sub xxral202 { text "Sicherheitseinheiten zu Sektor A16. Sicherheitseinheiten zu Sektor A16." }
   sub xxral203 { text "Sicherheitseinheiten zu Sektor B32. Sicherheitseinheiten zu Sektor B32." }
   sub xxral204 { text "Sicherheitseinheiten zu Sektor E14. Sicherheitseinheiten zu Sektor E14." }
   sub xxral205 { text "Sicherheitseinheiten zu Sektor E19. Sicherheitseinheiten zu Sektor E19." }
   sub xxral206 { text "Sicherheitseinheiten zu Sektor B23. Sicherheitseinheiten zu Sektor B23." }
   sub xxral207 { text "Sicherheitseinheiten zu Sektor C12. Sicherheitseinheiten zu Sektor C12." }
   sub xxral208 { text "Sicherheitseinheiten zu Sektor F27. Sicherheitseinheiten zu Sektor F27." }
   sub xxral209 { text "Sicherheitseinheiten zu Sektor M12. Sicherheitseinheiten zu Sektor M12." }
   sub xxral210 { text "Sicherheitseinheiten zu Sektor M09. Sicherheitseinheiten zu Sektor M09." }
   sub xxral211 { text "Sicherheitseinheiten zu Sektor M18. Sicherheitseinheiten zu Sektor M18." }
   sub xxral212 { text "Sicherheitseinheiten zu Sektor A10. Sicherheitseinheiten zu Sektor A10." }
   sub xxral213 { text "Sicherheitseinheiten zu Sektor O28. Sicherheitseinheiten zu Sektor O28." }
   sub xxral214 { text "Sicherheitseinheiten zu Sektor E18. Sicherheitseinheiten zu Sektor E18." }
   sub xxral215 { text "Sicherheitseinheiten zu Sektor K07. Sicherheitseinheiten zu Sektor K07." }
   sub xxral216 { text "Sicherheitseinheiten zu Sektor X14. Sicherheitseinheiten zu Sektor X14." }
   sub xxral217 { text "Sicherheitseinheiten zu Sektor D11. Sicherheitseinheiten zu Sektor D11." }
   sub xxral218 { text "Sicherheitseinheiten zu Sektor D12. Sicherheitseinheiten zu Sektor D12." }
   sub xxral219 { text "Sicherheitseinheiten zu Sektor D06. Sicherheitseinheiten zu Sektor D06." }
   sub xxral220 { text "Sicherheitseinheiten zu Sektor D02. Sicherheitseinheiten zu Sektor D02." }
   sub xxral221 { text "Sicherheitseinheiten zu Sektor A01. Sicherheitseinheiten zu Sektor A01." }
   sub xxral222 { text "Sicherheitseinheiten zu Sektor I17. Sicherheitseinheiten zu Sektor I17." }
   sub xxral223 { text "Sicherheitseinheiten zu Sektor G11. Sicherheitseinheiten zu Sektor G11." }
   sub xxral224 { text "Sicherheitseinheiten zu Sektor G12. Sicherheitseinheiten zu Sektor G12." }
   sub xxral225 { text "Sicherheitseinheiten zu Sektor G04. Sicherheitseinheiten zu Sektor G04." }
   sub xxral226 { text "Sicherheitseinheiten zu Sektor M04. Sicherheitseinheiten zu Sektor M04." }
   sub xxral227 { text "Sicherheitseinheiten zu Sektor X11. Sicherheitseinheiten zu Sektor X11." }

// Hydro deck elevator shaft  cs0701, 2 and 3
type "convo"
   singleton
   descr "Polito"
   multisub cs0701 {
      { time 600 length 3300 text "Keine Bewegung, Ich versuche, rauszufinden, was da unten los ist!" }
   }
   multisub cs0702 {
      { time 1100 length 6200 text "Dieser Aufzugsschacht ist mit dieser bioorganischen Materie zugewachsen, welche von den Xenomorphs generiert wird." }
      { time 7700 length 6100 text "Es gibt keine einfache M”glichkeit, das wieder freizukriegen, und solange werden Sie nicht weiter als Deck 3 kommen k”nnen." }
   }
   //em0308
   multisub cs0703 {
      { time 500 length 1000 text "Die wissen wo Sie sind." }
      { time 1900 length 2500 text "Sie mssen irgendwie den Schacht freikriegen." }
      { time 4800 length 1600 text "Ich tue hier, was ich kann." }
      { time 6700 length 2700 text "Schnell! Sie drfen nicht versagen." }

[soundfiles_fixed.7z expired]
« Last Edit: 07. November 2020, 21:44:01 by unn_atropos »

6639fa6634c4dvoodoo47

6639fa6634ca8
voodoo47 You at one point gave me the name of a program which does that.
turning them into SS2 compatible audio clips, not so much. was using GoldWave (the only audio tool that I have experience with) and for some reason, Dark would not play the finished clips (even though I did save them in the proper ima adpcm format), and it took quite a bit of random bashing into things until I've found out that for whatever reason, I need to load the finished clip into winXP sndrec32 and save to make it work. I'm all in for "if it's stupid, but works, then it ain't really stupid", but anyway, if someone knows a less dumb way, let me know.

6639fa6634d5fZylonBane

6639fa6634db2
It's 2020, just save them as PCM. Specifically, 22kHz 8- or 16-bit PCM WAV (Windows) files. No metadata.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

A familiar passcode with 3 digits:
1 Guest is here.
when I get to the bottom I go back to the top of the slide
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6639fa6634edf