SS2 SHTUP-ND (Shock Texture Upgrade Project)

1 Member and 4 Guests are here.
6647bfd28e888
voodoo47Quote
if you disable filtering, you deserve whatever is coming.

Xmodule posting on TTLG forum "if I disable my sound card in hw manager, Thief will crash" "don't bloody do it then?"
6647bfd28ec2e
ZylonBaneQuote
Fun with Ops deck...

Some of you may recognize these poor mistextured monstrosities that Irrational scattered around the Operations deck:

This texture is actually the one intended for another Ops wall console:

I'd been intending to fix these guys for a long time, but was dreading having to create a new texture from scratch to fit the placement of the various elements. But looking at it recently, I noticed the layout is virtually identical to a couple of the Med/Sci wall consoles:

The base textures for the Ops and Med/Sci consoles even have nearly identical names: opsvac.pcx and medvac.pcx. I'm guessing that a proper opsvac existed at one point, but was then accidentally overwritten by someone texturing the other Ops console, and nobody at Irrational ever noticed.

So as a quick and dirty solution, I took medvac, tweaked the colors to match the Ops theme, and voila:

Now the other Ops object texturing screwup. The sign over the entrance to the Power Operations section has always read "Power Admin.". The mapper placed the correct sign from the gamesys, Power_Ops_Sign, but the model itself is mistextured, showing the wrong sign from the source texture. The actual Power Admin section is in a completely different map.

6647bfd28ed97
HikariQuote
...i am continually amazed at the kind of detail you can tease out of low rez blurr.
6647bfd28ee54
ZylonBaneQuote
What, you mean like this?

Acknowledged by: hemebond
6647bfd28eefe
HikariQuote
Ya, I mean a lot of it can be guessed but at the same time it's still pretty phenominal work.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact