Page: 1/20▶▶
6636aa822ea4b
leafQuote
Tags: °mesh °SS2

Quote by Readme:
Hi-Res Player Model for Multiplayer

Model by Arcaniac
Textures by leaf

This mod replaces the crappy piles of triangles that were included in the original game. Now, with this mod, you now have 4 high-resolution player models, all color-coordinated and working, to use ingame!

Before you install this mod, make sure that you have merged the CRFs with Kolya's SS2Tool. If you haven't, or you just plain don't feel like it, place the "patch" folder into the RES folder. If you don't have a "patch" folder, you either don't have the SS2 patch, or you've already merged the CRFs.

Use with SS2 Mod Manager or extract the "mesh" folder manually into your mod-ready SS2 installation root.

Load up SS2 Multiplayer and enjoy!

Notes/Bugs

- I, leaf, take no credit for the creation of the mesh model, made by Arcaniac. I do, however, take credit for the modifications to the player texture.
- Some weapons will show up strange in the player's hand. eg, the pistol goes through the player's fingers.

To test the mod, open a single player save, open the console (shift+;), and type "summon_obj default avatar 1"

That command summons the player_1 object. If it looks like a pile of triangles, read the readme.

Report any bugs to my email address, leafss2@gmail.com

Here's a video of an earlier version, when the model was still work in progress.

[flash=400,336]http://www.youtube.com/v/3y4SaBLfxaw[/flash]

EDIT: Those who complain that the model needs two goggles, I've attached a texture for you to put in your mesh/txt16 folder. Enjoy!
Acknowledged by: TheSarcasticCanadian
6636aa822ec26
Not YouQuote
I haven't tested it yet, but from the video I have to ask:  Where's the goggles?

EDIT:  I just opened it with ModManager.  I get through the intro, but it kicks me out at the loading screen.  I was having the same trouble with Ponterbee Station, so it may just be my computer.

EDIT(2):  I tried it by loading a save file, then summoned up the avatar.  He was just as low-poly as before.

Please ignore my bug complaints, my ss2 is glitching up altogether.  I'll try to fix the problem and test this again later.
6636aa822ecfd
leafQuote
I added a "goggle" to the model. If you want 2, I'll make a separate head texture.
6636aa822efa5
Not YouQuote

Quote by leaf:
I added a "goggle" to the model. If you want 2, I'll make a separate head texture.

Nah, if I see that another texture is needed, I'll do it myself.
6636aa822f17d
ZylonBaneQuote
"pile of triangles"? WTF?
Page: 1/20▶▶

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact