SS2 HUD Logs

1 Guest is here.
664a699416dd9
ZylonBaneQuote
What do you mean, "make the autoplay work with subtitles"?

And how would the Many have a LOG portrait for messages they're transmitting directly into your mind? Did you think they were sending emails?
664a6994171b1
MarvinQuote
You could in theory add a Many portrait (maybe with a "The Many" text instead of the normal log/email header) as a kind of accessibility feature for the deaf or hard of hearing. At least in a technical sense it shouldn't make much of a difference unless the trigger messages are handled very differently from emails.

I'm confused by the title though, it suggests that logs get a portrait while the text mentions emails. I think it's both?

@Deu sex : IIRC only the french subtitles here also handle logs. So there's no auto-subtitling for logs, only for emails (and triggers, which some of the Many messages are).
664a6994172d7
ZylonBaneQuote
Logs and emails are basically the same thing-- electronically stored messages with a subject line and a portrait of the user who composed it. The Many transmissions are neither logs nor emails. They're just psychic sound files played directly into the player's head, leaving no record of them in the PDA. So having a portrait manifest in the HUD for them would be a) nonsensical, and b) technically impossible.
664a6994173fe
MarvinQuote
I don't think I quite understand what you're saying. In your opinion, are subtitles in SS2 an addition to the game's interface or a speech-to-text program of your cyber rig? Is the main menu part of SS2s interface or of the player's MFD? Is your mod about showing portraits matched to audio messages in a video game, or strictly about an addition to Goggle's MFD in the world of System Shock 2?

If it's the latter, then yes, you're correct. If it's the former, then it doesn't matter if you're showing an image sent via email or a visual psychic representation of The Many (let's say, with a very differently styled portrait) in your field of view.
664a699417530
Deu sexQuote
"And how would the Many have a LOG portrait for messages they're transmitting directly into your mind?"

That makes total sense actually, you have a point.

"only the french subtitles here also handle logs"

Ah damn, well, that's allright I guess, no big deal just asking, thx for the answer

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact