SS2 FM The Minstrel (by The Pixie)

1 Guest is here.
6648d4fe19ace
gaspalorzQuote

Quote by ARIADNE:
Press the button to stop the photonic flux to the engines in that nacelle. The engines in the other nacelle will swing the ship around, away from Earth. Only wait a few seconds, these systems are only rated to 60 MPa, and the pressure will quickly build up. Press the button again to re-establish the flow, before there is a rupture.
You can read the value from a computer console near the button. Once you do the above, you will instantly receive another message:

Quote by ARIADNE:
It seems the nacelle control system is linked directly to the NavCom; neither are now working. There is a manual valve at the back of the nacelle; you will have to find that. Hurry, this system is only rated to 60 MPa."
You have to hurry because the value won't stop increasing until you turn the valve!
6648d4fe19f84
unn_atroposQuote
Tried it again after posting and somehow it worked out. Thanks anyway XD

Since I have now completed the mission, here is some additional feedback to my earlier post.

architecture and stuff:
The level structure was really confusing, I got lost a few times and the map wasn't of any help really. A bit too much flashing effects for my taste, first time a game is giving me a headache... I was annoyed by the several tide places where you really can get stuck (Damn pipes! Worst thing was the nacelle)

gameplay:
Now that the problem of massiv spawning is solved, the mission is in good balance when it comes to fighting. Although I consider it to be a bit unfair to have several robots and rumblers but no special ammunition against them. There are some really cool design ideas, like the organ on the scanner, the little girl that only follows you with her teddybear (btw: isn't it a bit...strange... to lure a little girl into your ship? ;)), the cyberspace like puzzle etc. I also liked the idea of a computer program that guides you.

good bugs:
I had a repaired surgery unit, but at some point I entered the room and a hybrid had respawned there. The unit was broken again! Didn't know that hybrids could do this^^
Near an elevatorshaft I could't trust my eyes, when I saw a maintanance robot falling down the shaft. Great moment :awesome:

things that could be improved one day (dunno who could do it, but it would be cool :P):
One thing that bothered me were the missing voices to the audiologs. The logs are atmospheric and well written but I tended to ignore them since I wasn't up for this big bunche of text only messages.
In critical situations, like in the nacelle, I didn't have the time to read the computergirls messages, so I ended up jumping around, avoiding spiders, using anti-radiation hypos, just in order to live long enough to read the damn message. Which didn't work out very well, the nacelle is a deathtrap^^, and lead to several reloads.

6648d4fe1a464
gaspalorzQuote

Quote by unn_atropos:
The level structure was really confusing, I got lost a few times and the map wasn't of any help really. A bit too much flashing effects for my taste, first time a game is giving me a headache... I was annoyed by the several tide places where you really can get stuck (Damn pipes! Worst thing was the nacelle)
Well, whole CREW ONLY area seems to be one huge, detailed engineering section; too bad bridge and crew quarters feel almost dead empty compared to it (not counting that damn strobe light).

Have you found these nice little secrets like cistern, observation dome, closet with armor and weapons in security room and the hidden stash of cyber modules in the reactor room?
6648d4fe1a788
unn_atroposQuote

Quote by gaspalorz:
Have you found these nice little secrets like cistern, observation dome, closet with armor and weapons in security room and the hidden stash of cyber modules in the reactor room?
Yes-but there was nothing in it, was there?, yes, yes -felt very smart when I jumped on the pipes^^ and yes - I just jumped onto the turret^^ . Also liked the crimescene :headshot:
6648d4fe1a89b
gaspalorzQuote
Nothing? There was candy in there! But for some reason hybrids don't fall for it.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact