🔒 SS2Tool questions

1 Guest is here.
66495dca47159
AJQuote
Renaming the file didn't help.  Does the file LGVID apply to cutscenes?  If so it's running the program at all that I'm having issues with.

As for service pack 3... no comment.  XD
66495dca47224
AJQuote
Wait a minute, sorry I do have service pack 3.  I thought I didn't.
66495dca473bb
KolyaQuote
Yeah LGVID.AX applies to the videos, but since the first thing the game tries to do is play a video...

Are you sure that torrent is a clean game, ie has no previously applied patches, mods, etc?
You can usually tell if it says something like "Win2k/Vista/7" in the name that it's been fiddled with.
66495dca474d7
AJQuote
Here's my source.  I'm not sure what version it is or if it already comes with a no-cd or any other kind of patches. It is odd though that the file is an exe.  I doubt however, that it is a later version, due to all the bugs that come with playing it immediately after installing.

[link removed]

Do you think I should find somewhere else to get it?

"number of games in the system shock series:"... this question made me sad. :(
66495dca475e1
KolyaQuote
I think it would be better to look for somewhere else to get a clean game.

Apart from that though make sure you installed the game according to the SS2TechFAQ, that is NOT using the original installer, and try rebooting after installing the SS2Tool. Also take out those compatibility modes.

There were occasional reports from people with two graphics cards or two monitors who had to turn one off. However for them the game usually ran, just with a black screen.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact