🔒 SS2Tool questions

1 Guest is here.
6648c858a26b2
KolyaQuote
Update version 2.4: Every bugfix now works when used individually as well as in combination with other fixes. 
6648c858a27f3
andrewabcQuote
Hello. After applying this patch and the texture/model mods, the sound is not working that good.
The problem with sounds I get is that I can barely hear monsters, cameras, and ghosts. I have tried changing the positional sounds slider but that did not help. I have tried EAX on and off.
It worked fine before applying the patch/mods. Now I can not tell when monsters or cameras are nearby. The sounds are there, but they are very low compared to the rest of the sounds.
Any ideas?

The mods I installed are SS2 Rebirth Beta 01 - Complemented Version and SHTUP.
6648c858a293f
KolyaQuote
Well I do wonder why you applied those fixes when you had no problem in the first place...
Anyway, just read what the Audiofix does in the first post and undo it. The lines added by the SS2 Tool will be at the bottom of the cam.cfg file. And use a decent editor. Notepad will not work here. Try PSPad or Notepad++ instead.
6648c858a2a19
andrewabcQuote
I disabled hardware acceleration for audio and it seems to work fine now.
I guess having hardware acceleration on and EAX off was not good enough.

I applied the fixes because I lot of them I needed. :)
6648c858a2b80
DestructorQuote
Hi- this is a great tool and seems to fix a lot of the recurring problems reported over at the TTLG SS2 forums- it should really be on the front page of thier problems thread as I went through about 50 pages before seeing this!

Anyway, I'm a little unclear as to what you mean by 'comes as an installer'. It seems to come as all sorts of files. Do I just dump them all in my Sshock2 folder? Or do I run a particular file to install? Do I leave the 'patch' folder alone or drag it's contents into the main folder? When I do this is seems to break the program. I am currently trying to find a solution to the 'no sound' problem.

Many thanks.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact