SS2 TF's Secmod 3

1 Guest is here.
◀◀Page: 212/217▶▶
664a330d1bad0
Nameless VoiceQuote
It's generally considered a no-no to allow the player to access the world origin at 0,0,0 - but I guess no one told Irrational.

In Thief maps, the rule is to put a small air box there and then build the rest of the map somewhere else.

Moving all of medsci1 doesn't sound like a great idea though.  Especially given DML minimods exist.
664a330d1bda3
sarge945Quote
It mainly happens on medsci1 and rick1, where the origin points are inside the map.

For every other map, they usually have air rooms like they are supposed to.

There's also an audible sound when using the recharger, because it creates an invisible object.

Honestly though, I think this particular issue can be resolved by making the grenade launcher HasRefs be false when it's not being actively needed.
664a330d1c108
ThiefsieFoolQuote
I got a little curious why it's often said that the mod has greatly increased spawn rates.
To my knowledge all the ecologies have default spawn rates and no extra ecologies were added.

There is some script code on the base archetype, for spawning things when a camera is destroyed, but it should not trigger more than once.

Ecology:
NVRelayTrapOn="CameraDed"; NVRelayTrapTOn="TurnOn"; NVRelayTrapTDest="&SwitchLink";
Security Camera:
NVRelayTrapOn="Slain"; NVRelayTrapTOn="CameraDed"; NVRelayTrapTDest="&SwitchLink";

The one special case that comes to mind is what happens when you solve the wire puzzle inside the tram, a lot of monsters can spawn if you take too long, it's a case where normal vanilla spawns can actually be pretty annoying, so maybe that ecology should be adjusted.
It would definitely be nice if there was a trick to quickly check which objects differ from vanilla.

664a330d1c21e
ThiefsieFoolQuote
Also like voodoo mentioned, some levels might have been saved after editing, unfortunate but it is what it is, I think it's the case with Rick1 as I remember working to fix that one https://www.systemshock.org/index.php?wap2;topic=12399.msg150328#msg150328
664a330d1c56e
📱 sarge945Quote

Quote by ThiefsieFool:
The one special case that comes to mind is what happens when you solve the wire puzzle inside the tram, a lot of monsters can spawn if you take too long, it's a case where normal vanilla spawns can actually be pretty annoying, so maybe that ecology should be adjusted.

Absolutely not.

I know I've been vocal in the past about not being a fan of Secmod, but one of the highlights of it for me has been solving that puzzle under duress.

It's very rare for the vanilla game to actually induce urgency like that, and having it enforced here is a very refreshing change.

Some of the wire puzzles in other areas can be a bit tedious and feel like they are wasting my time, but this one is perfect and if it were up to me I'd leave it completely as it is for that reason.

On a related note, I've noticed all of the wire puzzles have preset solutions. Would there be a way to randomise these? From what I understand, squirrel runs OnBeginScript after NVScript has already done it's thing, so depending on how the wire puzzles work, it may or may not be possible to squirrel a solution.
◀◀Page: 212/217▶▶

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact