663ade4de6b1a

663ade4de706a
2 Guests are here.

Topic: SS2 TF's Secmod 3
Page: « 1 [2] 3 ... 46 »
Read 132397 times  

663ade4de84f4ThiefsieFool

663ade4de8566
Only two spots, MedSci2 which you know about and Hydro3.

663ade4de870cvoodoo47

663ade4de8773
if that's the case, the conflict on medsci2 should be the only one. drop the attached dml into Secmod root (where the maps are), and voila, you are compatible.

'till another problem is found, that is - someone really should run through Secmod with the ss2tool 6.0 dml pack active to make sure there are no show stoppers. the chances are really small, but still.

//for anyone that might be downloading this and adding it to the Secmod install manually, remember that you need to add it before you enter medsci2 for the first time.
« Last Edit: 25. October 2014, 22:46:39 by voodoo47 »

663ade4de8864ThiefsieFool

663ade4de88b5
Thanks a lot, having all the DML fixes will be really nice, I guess I'll do the test run with all the DMLs active if someone doesn't get there first.

663ade4de8be8Nameless Voice

663ade4de8c3d
Wouldn't SecMod3 just need nvscript.osm then?

And while we're on this, wouldn't it be best to distribute nvscript.osm centrally?

SecMod already uses NVScript.

In the early days of scripts, the modules were distributed centrally and not included in (Thief) FMs.  It lead to too many people wondering why the missions didn't work because they didn't bother to get the latest version of the script module.
It especially wouldn't be viable for something like NVScript which is updated every time someone needs something new.  Often with the same version numbers!  And rarely publicly released!

663ade4de8eebremyabel

663ade4de8f46
if that's the case, the conflict on medsci2 should be the only one. drop the attached dml into Secmod root (where the maps are), and voila, you are compatible.

'till another problem is found, that is - someone really should run through Secmod with the ss2tool 6.0 dml pack active to make sure there are no show stoppers. the chances are really small, but still.

//for anyone that might be downloading this and adding it to the Secmod install manually, remember that you need to add it before you enter medsci2 for the first time.

Can't even get to that part. I did a refresh install with ss2tool 6.0.0.5 and it has a black screen (with sound) as soon as you enter one of the career paths.

663ade4de9021voodoo47

663ade4de9080
to rule out dml issues, rename the misdml folder in your SS2 folder and start a new game.

I did not have any issues going through that part, and the dmls there have pretty much zero potential of doing something like that, as they just flip some lights around and fix some scripts.

but before you do anything, make a save with the screen being black and post it here.

663ade4de9310remyabel

663ade4de9391
to rule out dml issues, rename the misdml folder in your SS2 folder and start a new game.

I did not have any issues going through that part, and the dmls there have pretty much zero potential of doing something like that, as they just flip some lights around and fix some scripts.

but before you do anything, make a save with the screen being black and post it here.

Yes, I doubt that it was the dml that caused the issue. I just neglected to mention it before because I thought saying it didn't work with ss2tool 6 would be superfluous. Here's the save.
[save_0.7z expired]
663ade4de9522
Huh, no problem going through the career with SS2Tool beta 6.0.0.5 and Secmod3 here.
Since you mentioned a refresh install, I assume you also chose the Clean Install option in SS2Tool?

663ade4de9722remyabel

663ade4de9787
Huh, no problem going through the career with SS2Tool beta 6.0.0.5 and Secmod3 here.
Since you mentioned a refresh install, I assume you also chose the Clean Install option in SS2Tool?

Yes.
663ade4de9873
Could you send me your ss2tool.log file in a PM?
663ade4de9ba2
Thanks for the feedback, guys, will make a proper new thread as soon as some bugs are ironed out.
Here's a patch that should solve a) vanishing battery b) clipping wrench
bug:
Image: http://www.kachalka.com/images/01xhzrpge3nd62392d4g.png
Image: http://www.kachalka.com/images/2v3hdfpzy4a2e77t7jw.png
Image: http://www.kachalka.com/images/hyhlhx0ykry9necut7.png
663ade4de9cc5
ThiefsieFool NewHack+SECMOD3 You can combine two mode?

663ade4de9d88ThiefsieFool

663ade4de9dd8
The wrench shouldn't clip anymore with the patch, at least I can't get it to clip anymore, even when loading old savegames.
I checked it out but another hack type isn't really necessary, you have wire puzzles after all.
Acknowledged by: remyabel

663ade4de9ef2remyabel

663ade4de9f43
Just noticed these two terminals seem to be a little "off"

Also, this is rather contrived but here the wrench still clips (the terrain doesn't clip anymore though) (see clip2.png). It seems the "last stage" of bloodiness still clips. Before that, the wrench doesn't clip.

Minor complaint: Hacking mini game doeesn't display fully in resolutions smaller than 1024x768.
[clip2.png expired]
[clip.png expired]
[off.png expired]
« Last Edit: 26. October 2014, 10:07:42 by remyabel »

663ade4dea00dThiefsieFool

663ade4dea066
Did I move those terminals? I can't remember.

EDIT: That's really strange that you still get clipping, are you sure that the original WRENCH_H3.BIN file got replaced with the one from the patch archive?
« Last Edit: 26. October 2014, 10:12:18 by ThiefsieFool »

663ade4dea2f1remyabel

663ade4dea346
Did I move those terminals? I can't remember.

EDIT: That's really strange that you still get clipping, are you sure that the original WRENCH_H3.BIN file got replaced with the one from the patch archive?

Yeah, I did a manual replace just to be sure.
[megaclip.png expired]
[minor clip.png expired]

663ade4dea42cvoodoo47

663ade4dea479
about that save, it spawns me outside the level, no idea how that could have happened, but definitely not a dml problem.

ok, I think I know what the problem is, the Station level needs to be reprocessed, looks like it has been saved in the draft mode (that's why the doors are so weirdly blackish, for example). attaching a reprocessed level, try it and see whether it will bug out or not (start a new game).
[STATION_secmod.7z expired]
663ade4dea74c
Can't even get to that part. I did a refresh install with ss2tool 6.0.0.5 and it has a black screen (with sound) as soon as you enter one of the career paths.

I got your log file. Your game was not actually updated. (Sorry, my fault.) Let's continue this in the SS2Tool beta thread.
663ade4deaa1d
about that save, it spawns me outside the level, no idea how that could have happened, but definitely not a dml problem.

ok, I think I know what the problem is, the Station level needs to be reprocessed, looks like it has been saved in the draft mode (that's why the doors are so weirdly blackish, for example). attaching a reprocessed level, try it and see whether it will bug out or not (start a new game).
norm

663ade4deae58remyabel

663ade4deaebe
Gotta say I love the sharpshooter OS upgrade. Wonder if it's possible to gib the hybrids, i.e with a shotgun head blast or randomly with the pistol. It'd be reminiscent of the classic resident evils.

663ade4deaf83ThiefsieFool

663ade4deafd0
Thanks for the pics, System, looks like I forgot to include some FAM textures.

I actually forgot to brag about this new feature, headshots are implemented with the Weak Point receptron but you need to have Sharpshooter to perform them, glad you like 'em remyabel and yeah there's gibbing galore at high skill.
« Last Edit: 27. October 2014, 12:39:28 by ThiefsieFool »

663ade4deb281System Shocked

663ade4deb2d6
I actually forgot to brag about this new feature, headshots are implemented with the Weak Point receptron but you need to have Sharpshooter to perform them, glad you like 'em remyabel and yeah there's gibbing galore at high skill.

I'm sure the community at large would love to have the "gibbing galore" available as a separate mod, if doable.

No doubt it'd quickly become a favorite and top downloader.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and ____!  (Fill in the missing word):
2 Guests are here.
0149 from angie: im in! join up!
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
663ade4deb6dd