SS2 TF's Secmod 3

1 Guest is here.
664a0d52c30a4
VaeQuote
Yummy... 8)

I think SecMod 3 ought to have its own thread.

...or at least be updated on the OP.
664a0d52c3284 664a0d52c35eb
ThiefsieFoolQuote
Thanks for the feedback, guys, will make a proper new thread as soon as some bugs are ironed out.
Here's a patch that should solve a) vanishing battery b) clipping wrench

[secmod patch.rar expired]
664a0d52c3cdd
ThiefsieFoolQuote

Quote by voodoo47:
I gave it a quick run, had BIG issues killing the first worms with the new wrench animation. will double check later.

//ok, important note - the maps are not compatible with ss2tool 6.0 dml set, but the maps are close enough to the originals to pass the dml fingerprinting and the game will load them. so the user needs to either delete the misdml folder, run Secmod as FM, or a qvar "scplevel" with a value of "1" needs to be added to all the maps.

also, shattered glass shards spin way too much, and the wrench animation feels odd at times. and while the mechanics are impressive (read: f*cking impressive), there was no upgrade to the lighting (still 16bit - feels like a bit of a waste), and no touches to (bad) texturing and (bad) obj placement. I have to say that after running around the silky smooth SCP maps for the last couple of months, seeing all the unfixed stuff again was a harsh experience.

I'm confused about what actually happens with the DML thing, are the DMLs applied or not?
I actually did relight some levels with reconstruct_lights where I could easily see if things got weird, but nothing as early as Medsci/Eng.

Quote by remyabel:
Wow this update is insanely impressive.

The hacking mini-game is a cool throwback to SS1.

The wrench look and animation is AWESOME. I'm also in love with the pistol. Unsure if this is a bug or intentional, but the blood on the wrench is a nice touch.

The scripted events with the hybrids are a nice touch. I found the hybrid with the battery to be hilarious.

Sometimes the mouse doesn't work right in the menus (it doesn't "register" a click and the cursor "twitches".)

Edit: wrench seems to clip through terrain.

Shotgun does splash damage now?  :happyjoy:

Minor oversight: the shotgun you find in med sci is loaded with 6 bullets.
Nope, no splash except when firing pellets, just like the original game.
Also thanks, I did fix the 6 shell shotgun now but it didn't make it into the patch here, will be in the next which should be soon.
664a0d52c3ea7
voodoo47Quote
basically, anyone who has patched up with ss2tool 6.0 beta will not be able to run Secmod properly - the dmls will load, but they will break stuff, as the map changes are too extensive. you need to prevent them from loading - adding that qvar will tell the engine to reject all dmls made for the orig missions.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact