1 Guest is here.
66483cf4ab4ee
ZanderatQuote

Quote by Kolya:
I don't think I have ever seen that research screen. O_o
Same here.  Is it from a mod?
66483cf4ab623
ZylonBaneQuote
Obviously it's a mod. The question is, which one?
66483cf4ab779
Briareos HQuote
The proper (original) hud is actually scaled properly on those screens. Since the mod you're using wasn't created with NewDark in mind, it looks like the research image gets thrown out of the screen so I don't think there's a clean way to do a proper pixel-perfect scaling, you'll have to find the overlay resolution you like best.
It doesn't look like there is a bug in the new engine either, just that it was probably made without knowledge that some mods would add large panels to the UI.
66483cf4ab82e
ZylonBaneQuote
Or the mod was developed by someone who never tested it at 640x480.
66483cf4aba83
gnartschQuote
That monkey report was taken within Zygoptera's Arena mission.
Well, I thought that would be a stock report. Maybe I was wrong.

Indeed the settings 2 and 64 simply produce the same result. No matter what individual value you enter, the screen will always look like shot #2.
Or is there any info availlable what 2 or 64 would do differently ???
Thanks for pointing out the formula for the second variant, bluemess!

With that I was able to calculate how the Original Look and Feel would be calculated.
in order to achieve a more or less original look and feel (even on widescreen), you want to use the formula to calculate the factor for a fixed height of 480.
For a more modern look and feel that makes good use of the widescreen resolution you might want to achieve a fixed height of 640.
(Don't ask why it would be 640. It must be a mere coincidence related to the UI design, but it looks best imho, at least for 16:10 TFTs)

E.g. given a native resolution of 1680x1050 you get these results:

'Original' SS2 Look & Feel (o.k. widescreens adds some blank space horizontally, but the view is vertically optimized)
f=1050/480=2.1875
1680/f=768
d3d_disp_scaled_2d_overlay 768 480

'Modern' Look & Feel (making best use of the top of the screen, horizontal optimization)
f=1050/640=1.640625
1680/f=1024
d3d_disp_scaled_2d_overlay 1024 640

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact