SS2 QBR Breaker

1 Guest is here.
664a0d589b765
ZylonBaneQuote
Oh this was just a proof of concept, not actually intended for any particular purpose.
664a0d589b8b0
voodoo47Quote
mmm.. might end up using it anyway, I'm quite sure I can NVscript the rest of the stuff with little trouble.
664a0d589bc86
sarge945Quote
This mod is actually really what I was looking for! Thank you so much! The idea of spawning random crap is really awesome! Ideally, it would be possible to make it spawn something once, then the keypad explodes (harmlessly) to stop an endless stream of objects in a way that makes sense within the atmosphere of the game.

Would it be possible to either include this in the official SCP as an optional extra, or maintain this alongside SCP as it gets updated? I would hate for this mod to suddenly stop working after an SCP update. Maybe you guys could consider adding an area to the space station mission (the one where you do your years of training) a command console that allows setting certain options, so that mods like this and repairman can be integrated more easily and be optional without having to install a bunch of different mods.

The big problem with QBRMs in the vanilla game, and the reason why I think there are people who don't like them, is that you can (almost) endlessly throw yourself at the enemies and wear them down, which pretty much makes any sense of difficulty disappear as long as you have even a modest amount of nanites. Would it be possible to make a version which doesn't disable QBRMs, but instead force-respawns every enemy on the map whenever you respawn, so that respawning is somewhat similar to games like Dark Souls. That wouldn't really make sense without disabling manual saving though, so it's probably too much to ask.

Completely, totally unrelated - could someone make a spawning minimod which completely disables respawning, but force-respawns every enemy when you change maps. This means you can reliably clear an area for temporary safety, but as you re-tread your steps (which you do a lot in this game), the areas aren't all totally empty when you move back to them.

I should really learn how to do this stuff and get on board so that I can do it myself. :(
664a0d589d038
voodoo47Quote

Quote by sarge945:
would be possible to make it spawn something once, then the keypad explodes
yes, definitely possible.

Quote by sarge945:
include this in the official SCP
not at the moment.

Quote by sarge945:
as an optional extra
it's already available as an optional extra.

Quote by sarge945:
a command console that allows setting certain options, so that mods like this and repairman can be integrated more easily and be optional without having to install a bunch of different mods.
an "enable all enhanced functionality" switch has already been suggested, but this poses perhaps too much of a technical challenge, for possibly too little benefit.

Quote by sarge945:
force-respawns every enemy on the map whenever you respawn
this is probably relatively easy to do (force activate all ecologies upon player respawn). however I'm very sure making SS2 more like Dark Souls is the exact opposite of what I want to do.

Quote by sarge945:
could someone make a spawning minimod which completely disables respawning, but force-respawns every enemy when you change maps
probably doable, but very sure it will be a lot of work.

Quote by sarge945:
I should really learn how to do this stuff
yes.
664a0d589d3f5
sarge945Quote

Quote by voodoo47:
I'm very sure making SS2 more like Dark Souls is the exact opposite of what I want to do.

That was just an example. There are plenty of ways to make respawning more fair without having to make it "The Dark Souls of System Shock Games".

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact