SS2 Big Droid Immortality Protocol

1 Guest is here.
6648e9da0b58a
voodoo47Quote
doable, but the idea of this mod is to give more value to the repair skill - if they were hackable, nobody would bother (again).
6648e9da0b739
JMLQuote
I still think, as this is repair+rewire+rewrite, it should also require a minimal Hacking skill alongside the Repair skill.
For example:
Mainenance droid:  Repair 3 & Hacking 1
Security droid:          Repair 4 & Hacking 2
Assault droid:           Repair 5 & Hacking 3
6648e9da0b99b
voodoo47Quote

Quote by voodoo47:
the idea of this mod is to give more value to the repair skill
anyway, as mentioned earlier, changing the requirements is laughably easy, so whoever feels like they need to be bumped up, can grab a text editor and change them as deemed fit.

Code:
{
"Hack" 0
"Repair" 0
"Modify" 0
"Maintain" 0
"Research" 0
}
Acknowledged by: JML
6648e9da0bb25
GuyFawkesGamingQuote
I think you're misunderstanding, the Hack skill can be used to avoid destroying the droids first. Just sneak up on them and you're golden. However if they do get destroyed then the Repair is employed. The droids are not immortal if just hack is used, much like the turrets with the Repairman mod.

The idea for the Protocol Droid was the it can only be hacked and isn't immortal due to it's attack method; there's nothing left to repair afterwards. This makes this particular droid arguably less useful which is why I mentioned that if done the hack skill requirement should be low. Even so I can see a Protocol Droid suicide bombing some Hybrids useful in certain situations.
6648e9da0bc03
voodoo47Quote
I understand - what I'm saying here is that hack is not part of the equation on purpose, as the aim of this mod is to make repair more useful.

but maybe I'll make the bot hackablility into another minimod - I'm thinking bots hackable but only if immobilized by the stasis field generator first. should be interesting enough.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact