SS2 Vurt's Hi-Res Space Textures

1 Guest is here.
6648c81392b91
KolyaQuote
Yes, there is something like copyright, but NASA specifically disclaims it. They're good people, these spacefarers.

Quote by http://www.nasa.gov/audience/formedia/features/MP_Photo_Guidelines.html:
NASA still images; audio files; video; and computer files used in the rendition of 3-dimensional models, such as texture maps and polygon data in any format, generally are not copyrighted. You may use NASA imagery, video, audio, and data files used for the rendition of 3-dimensional models for educational or informational purposes, including photo collections, textbooks, public exhibits, computer graphical simulations and Internet Web pages. This general permission extends to personal Web pages.
6648c81392d23
Join2Quote
 :stroke:

Real space textures!

Would be great if they varied also, two or three. Example: first half of the game is a normal anomaly-free space, just stars or whatever, which can also be used for the space station at the beginning of the game along with the earth tex. Later on the Von Braun/Rickenbacker ends up in Vurt's current nebula texture or something different borrowed off of NASA. 

I've requested this before I think, but it would be great.
6648c81392e54
voodoo47Quote
you know what I would like to see at the station map? an authentic, fully dynamic space with blinking stars and everything, plus earth that would fully rotate after 24 ingame hours.

crazy? well, it's not like I have any real plans for the next 50 years or so..
6648c81392f56
ZylonBaneQuote
Stars in space don't blink. That's an artifact of atmospheric distortion.

The rotating Earth we can do though. Just need an animated skybox with 99 frames and a really low frame rate.
6648c8139303c
voodoo47Quote
I believe a neutron pulsar would blink even when viewed from outer space. anyway, it's a nice effect, together with small nebulas slowly spinning etc - remember, we are talking about a "movie style" space, all pretty and carrying sounds. silent, frozen and empty darkness may be realistic, but most people are not looking for that when opening a game - if you want to see a gray, shitty reality, all you have to do is look out the window.

we also need to generate the resources, and that will be tough.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact