ShockEd Basic Toolkit 1.13

1 Guest is here.
6648e335399a2
KolyaQuote
Apparently antimatter is testing a new beta over at TTLG.
6648e33539e00
antimatter_16Quote

Quote by Yankee Clipper:
Now that there is a new NewDark, which Menus.cfg and DromEd.cfg files should be used? The ones that are in the ShockEd 1.10 package or the ones in NewDark 2.43?

The menus included in the Newdark package are based on the Original DromEd/Shocked Toolkit by Nameless voice. Le Corbeau seems to have modified them to include the new lighting depths (16 Bit, 32 Bit, and 32x Bit) and the "recent files" menu, but I don't think there is any difference beyond that. The "DromEd/ShockEd Basic Toolkit" includes MANY more enhancements and fixes a number of bugs, and thus supercedes the old "DromEd/Shocked Toolkit", and the menus included in Newdark.

Also, as Koyla mentioned, I AM testing a new version of the toolkit on TTLG. Feedback and testing is welcome and encouraged. Actually, let's just make it mandatory. Report to Ops.
6648e33539f0b
VaxquisQuote
"File Blocked for Violation.

The file you requested has been blocked for a violation of our Terms of Service. " for ShockEd 1.10; can somebody please either re-upload it or provide it directly on systemshock.org?
6648e33539fce
KolyaQuote
I can download them all just fine...
Wait, you're trying to get an old version. Go here.
6648e3353a0d1
Yankee ClipperQuote
Using the latest SS2Tool_v5.1, the output to the log file, ss2tool.log, contains the following:

Code:
Installing NewDark 2.42
Execute: 7za.exe x -y newdark.7z
Delete file: System Shock 2\newdark.7z
Delete file: System Shock 2\7za.exe
Delete file: System Shock 2\LGVID.AX
NewDark 2.42 is installed

When I check doc\release_notes.txt, it says "System Shock 2 v2.43 update", so it looks like it is installing the latest NewDark, but is still listing the previous version in the log file.

I originally put this here, but then I figured it would be better in the SS2Tool thread, so I deleted it from here. But, that thread is locked, so back here it goes.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact