SS2 Doc4 Arboretum

1 Guest is here.
664739820cbda
FironkkuifyQuote
Well that's something only the creator can probably answer, or Kolya maybe -w-

Anyhow, to get more into detail about what I like about this FM.

It's a pretty straightforward mission that emphasizes the idea of exploration which extends a mission that would probably be 5 minutes to around 15-25 minutes long or even longer.  It also had a clever way of getting the player to figure out the only code needed to progress instead of an audio log just telling you outright.  Voice acting is also pretty good and I like the idea of the log that explained the roles of the crewmen and women stationed at the outpost.

Level design isn't flawless (could use more pazazz to add more life and color to it) but it's functional and easy to follow.

A criticism is that you probably won't even use any guns in this FM.  I only ever managed to find around 7 standard bullets for my pistol.  There's no upgrading whatsoever (though this is understandable given the length of the mission).  There are also areas that make it seem unfinished or incomplete (like the secret areas, which seem to only be accessible via summoning objects, but this could be explained by some other reason). 
664739820d073
unn_atroposQuote
You don't have to summon anything. Just open your goggles^^
1. Secret area is in the building where you have to put in a battery to get into the office. Down in the office there is a switch behind a plant. Take the ladder in the upper room
2. Secret area is in the lab: in the locker with chemicals there is a switch. It opens a door  in the staircase.
3. Secret area is in the room with the energy recharger. There is a switch behind the table
4. Secret area (TaxAkla):There is a button in the corridor, in front of the door of the batteries, below the view. You must creep to see.
664739820d458
FironkkuifyQuote

Quote by unn_atropos:
You don't have to summon anything. Just open your goggles^^
1. Secret area is in the building where you have to put in a battery to get into the office. Down in the office there is a switch behind a plant. Take the ladder in the upper room
2. Secret area is in the lab: in the locker with chemicals there is a switch. It opens a door  in the staircase.
3. Secret area is in the room with the energy recharger. There is a switch behind the table
4 Secreat area:

Apparently my goggles were ULTRA-DUSTY that day.

Plus I had an annoying little sister nearby -w-;
664739820d584
HardcoreQuote
Sorry for taking this thread to the top. Has anyone found a way to get into the room with the shotgun and the 2 bodies in the crew quarters? That would be the last thing to do in this fm for me.
664739820d938
GreeXQuote
Russian translation for this Fan Missions  (last edit  24.11.2020)  —  SS2FM_Arboretum_RUS.7z
    Download:   https://yadi.sk/d/AutysiIvl3-TOA

Screenshots and information about this russification
    Link:   https://darkfate.org/forum/index.php?topic=1100.msg284573#msg284573

  Доктор Джей Миллинс — молодой врач-травматолог, уже немало повидавший за свои две вахты, но ещё не имеющий ни опыта самостоятельной работы, ни сколько-нибудь руководящей должности.
  Он занимается рутиной в травматологическом центре Мэнтон Бэй, с нетерпением ожидая скорого назначения старшим офицером медслужбы военного фрегата.
  Но однажды из исследовательского ботанического центра приходит сообщение о тяжелораненом человеке. После этого связаться с центром больше не удаётся.
  Руководство принимает решение направить туда Джея на попутном грузовом транспорте, чтобы он оказал помощь пострадавшему и заодно выяснил подробности сложившейся там ситуации.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact