6647daf678983

6647daf679503
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2 Vii's Elevator Music Read 863 times  

6647daf679b8d
Vii's Elevator Music
by Vii (me!)

This is a simple addition that adds some music into the elevator. I would call it a replacer, but the actual elevator music file in the game's archives goes unplayed in-game as far as I can tell.
It's a cover of the original System Shock elevator music (composed by Tim Ries) that I made myself in FL Studio. Enjoy!

Here's what the track sounds like- however, note that it is MUCH quieter in-game (and sounds a lot better that way! please turn your speakers down to nearly zero when listening to the preview).
https://soundcloud.com/viiuan/system-shock-2-custom-elevator-music
« Last Edit: 13. January 2024, 20:20:03 by Muroj »

6647daf679d2bicemann

Re: SS2 Muroj's Elevator Music
6647daf679dae
Nice :). Played on it's own I am not a fan of the track, however I'm sure it sounds better in-game.

Having actual elevator music in the game is a welcome one in-line with System Shock 1.

6647daf67a0deRocketMan

6647daf67a138
Forgive me if this is a stupid question but why does it sound like my speakers are blown out?
6647daf67a249
Trust me, it sounds MUCH better at the lower volume ingame. The sound quality makes it fit with the assumption of there being a crappy, tinny speaker in the elevator, haha.
Acknowledged by: RocketMan

6647daf67a4c1sarge945

6647daf67a521
I just use the one from the remake which shall not be named

(oh my god how is the wav file 8 MB?)

Also, btw, the elevator musak isn't an unused feature. It's added by SCP. I believe it was inherited from adaob, which intentionally added a blank file with the idea that other mods would replace it with music.
[Musak.7z expired]
Acknowledged by: Muroj

6647daf67a609voodoo47

6647daf67a658
yes.

6647daf67a95aZylonBane

6647daf67a9c2
Also, btw, the elevator musak isn't an unused feature. It's added by SCP. I believe it was inherited from adaob, which intentionally added a blank file with the idea that other mods would replace it with music.
ADaOB added elevator music. SCP removed it, and replaced it with a blank wav that gives people the option to mod in elevator music if they want it.

As for Muroj's version, if this was intended to sound like music played over a low-quality speaker, the high notes are far too clear. This sort of effect has to cut both the high and low end of the spectrum.
6647daf67ad0a
ADaOB added elevator music. SCP removed it, and replaced it with a blank wav that gives people the option to mod in elevator music if they want it.

As for Muroj's version, if this was intended to sound like music played over a low-quality speaker, the high notes are far too clear. This sort of effect has to cut both the high and low end of the spectrum.
Hmm... I can certainly see what it sounds like with a low pass filter on it, maybe even purposefully lower the bitrate for added effect. I personally was thinking of tinny speakers where you only really hear the higher pitched stuff for the most part, but you're right! It could do with a bit more messing-with.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

The deck number where you shall meet Dr. Janice Polito:
1 Guest is here.
"Mírate, hacker. Una criatura patética de huesos y carne. Jadeando y sudando mientras corres por mis pasillos. ¿Cómo puedes desafiar a una máquina perfecta e inmortal?".
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6647daf67ae45